Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Seeking others experience in getting plastic product made and sold Reply To: Seeking others experience in getting plastic product made and sold

CateT
  • Total posts: 11
Up
::
RunicConvenience, post: 261605, member: 112020 wrote:
60k is that for a whole run or just a batch of prototypes? could you use 3D printing with higher tensile strength plastics for print on demand style manufactouring while looking for someone willing to license the design for full on production?

Hi, the 60K is just for the mould, apparently. One mould that will later be used to make up to 500,000 parts before the life of the mould expires. I have one prototype made already (3D printed) which can be used for show and demonstrations. But its fragile and could not be used in the manner required without it eventually breaking. So, I don’t know if I can sell 3D models as they currently make it. However, I will enquire with the designers who did the 3D prototype if there is a higher strength plastic they can use and maybe that would be a lot cheaper to make upfront to test sales. Thanks for your advice and time in replying to me, it has given me something else to look into as a cheaper option.