Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Seeking others experience in getting plastic product made and sold Reply To: Seeking others experience in getting plastic product made and sold

CateT
  • Total posts: 11
Up
::
John Romaine, post: 261939, member: 39536 wrote:
Test the market. Find a highly targeted Facebook group, post up a photo and a description of your product and ask “Who wants this?”

I’ve done that in the past and even requested pre orders in an effort to fund the project. That way Im working with other peoples money.

Certainly not $60,000 worth though, but the basics may still apply somewhat. How much is the product? How many pre orders would you need to go for it?

Thank you so much for your reply, you have given me some good advice and ideas to work with. I am doing more and more research into it all now.

I think I will try to go down the pre-order path, as that will give me a good idea about if anyone even wants it. The product would sell for only about $30 retail, so I would probably need a lot of pre-orders to pay for this 60K mould upfront and of course, also the actual cost of making and packaging up the pre-orders. I’ll have to work out how many pre-orders I will need, because I fear it may be a lot due to the high costs of the mould needed.