Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Seeking others experience in getting plastic product made and sold Reply To: Seeking others experience in getting plastic product made and sold

CateT
  • Total posts: 11
Up
::
John Romaine, post: 261950, member: 39536 wrote:
I remember speaking with someone years ago that used to add products that didnt even exist to his online store – simply as a means of “testing” demand. Any orders that came in were simply refunded. He did that long enough to know whether or not to proceed.

Yes its a bit unethical but it could be an option, especially if you’re about to throw $60G at something.

Personally I’d just find a highly targeted FB group with thousands of members and post up a photo of your product and your situation and say “Im taking pre orders, I need x to get started”

It would be nice if you could just ask “who wants this?” but there’s a big difference between people saying “Yes thats wonderful” and actual paying customers.

Id also look at getting that $60,000 down. There might be cheaper alternatives (perhaps overseas?)
Hi John, that’s a great idea to test the market (although, yes a bit naughty). I might try that facebook approach first, then if no luck, move onto the pretend products and sales. Hopefully I’ll get sufficient pre-orders via the facebook ad first.