Home – New Forums New here? Share your story is there any hope for someone like me Reply To: is there any hope for someone like me

Mat82
  • Total posts: 9
Up
::

Thank you everyone for your replies, it makes me happy to think there is a chance that I can make something of myself.

I just need to try figure out which path to take, the problem with me liking mechanical type jobs is that you need an apprenticeship to do most of those jobs, I have applied for heaps but never get a response. I think it’s because I am older and therefore more expensive to hire. Then I start to think as I get older I probably don’t want to be doing a job that is too physical, I do like learning about business and like reading investment magazines, I am good at budgeting, but I am worried though that I will die of boredom if I was to do accounting(not sure if financial planning would be too social for me). then there is permaculture and sustainability which I like but not sure if I have the green thumb as they say. I love playing cities skylines (city building game), which then I think maybe a town planner. I like photography but don’t know much about it, and I do come up with ideas for products but don’t know how to make them happen, I also like the idea of helping others.

I’m not very good at coping with stress and I do like to have some sort of routine to go by, plus my confidence level is at zero. A job would probably suit me better but I have this feeling in side of me that I can’t get rid of, that I want to do more than just be in a 9-5 job for the rest of my life, it actually makes me depressed to think that could be the case. I really like jobs that are a bit different to the normal, so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great!

I seem to find jobs I like don’t pay a lot of money, which is hard because I would like to live in different places (would like to end up back in Brisbane one day) but don’t see how it would be possible on a low wage.

P.s When I talk about jobs I mean as a stepping stone to doing my own thing.