Home – New Forums Money matters Rent receipts for office space? Reply To: Rent receipts for office space?

Precise Tax Solutions
  • Total posts: 172

Are you both registered for GST?

Commercial rent is subject to GST, so to claim back the GST you will need a valid tax invoice.

From an expense substantiation perspective, ideally you’d get a receipt, but if you have a weekly debit from a bank account, that may be enough to satisfy the ATO that you’ve actually incurred an expense and thus are able to claim a deduction.

See here for further detail on record keeping requirements – https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Lodging-your-tax-return/In-detail/Record-keeping/Keeping-your-tax-records/