Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Best thing to spend money on with Advertising? Reply To: Best thing to spend money on with Advertising?

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
Keymaster
  • Total posts: 2,566
Up
::

One way to approach it is to think about who you have a good reason to send a message to.

For example:

• If you just did a nice website for a fish and chip shop, that might be a good reason to get in touch with all of the neighbouring businesses.
  • If you just did a good one for a plumber it might be a good reason to get in touch with other plumbers. “I just delivered this website to another plumber. If you need something similar, them I’m your guy.”
  • Your neighbours. “Hey I’m in your street, I’ve done these three websites for other nearby businesses. You probably didn’t realise there was a web designer in our street, so… (+ locals discount).”

Now you can target very narrowly, and you have a nicely matched message or proof of your work for them to see. A good start.

Next choose the best platform for each purpose. You can target plumbers on Facebook or AdWords, you might do some flyers for your client’s neighbours, you might go door to door for your own neighbours.

It gets you away from the most common (and most ineffective) approach of generic targeting and generic messaging.

Dave