Home – New Forums Find the help you need ABN/Sole Trader as a consultant with a company overseas Reply To: ABN/Sole Trader as a consultant with a company overseas

  • Total posts: 280

Hey Pierre

It sounds from your answers you are more the likely to be an Australian based employee of this Singaporean entity. Please double check with the links above provided by Dave, in an earlier post here.

You may need got register for taxes normally paid through the payg withholding system.

Furthermore you might have to provide superannuation for yourself under Australia’s system.

The basic issue here is the inward payments are being credited to your Australian bank account and as such is an Australian income.

If you received income to a non Australian bank account you may not be an Australian employee if you received the payments within a trust or company structure. Moreover this would need to be balanced against what your current living arrangements are concerning residence.

If you need help on this sing out , please.