Home – New Forums Starting your journey Naming a second business Reply To: Naming a second business

Peter – FS Administrator
  • Total posts: 1,889
Up
::

Hi Samva,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for posting! So glad you’ve found us :)

While, as you’ve said, there are pros and cons, my gut feel would be to leverage the one ‘ABC’ brand that you have established and then just add the consulting arm as an additional service that you offer using your expertise. There are lots of business that successfully service two distinct customer segments along these lines – for example wholesale v retail, or business v consumer. Building a brand reputation in a market takes time and resources so I think putting your energy into one that is established makes sense.

I wouldn’t worry to much about the spies or copycats, this can happen regardless of the name or structure, and in any case my view is that you just focus on doing what you do best and looking after your customers and don’t spend too much time looking over your shoulder at competitors. You’ll always get a few tyre kickers for every genuine prospect.

I’d love to hear how you go and when you’re ready feel free to share your business details. You can create a signature with a link that appears under your posts and/or introduce yourself in the intro thread.

Thanks again and all the best!
Peter