Home Forums Starting your journey Do i need permition to sell luxury brands like Gucci, Michael Kors Ánd Mcm? Reply To: Do i need permition to sell luxury brands like Gucci, Michael Kors Ánd Mcm?

manuca
  • Total posts: 1
JacquiPryor, post: 264940, member: 20176 wrote:
Sorry guys – going to have to clarify – it’s not always illegal to sell brands like those without getting permissions from the distributors/brand etc. Is it problematic? Yes. Is it potentially dangerous? Yes. Could there be legal concerns? Yes…. But, Illegal? Not necessarily depending on how it’s done, and not all the time… Per my earlier post – so many factors to consider. I for 1 wouldn’t embark on it but that’s different to suggesting flat out its illegal to use sell those brands without permission from the distributors/brand. It’s just not that simple.

Happy to answer/expand further if you have questions.
I’m preparing to start this grey importing business for premium brands. I don’t see any major problems while I can see others doesn’t have any issues in Australia for selling grey imported goods.
Q. Do I have to consult with an attorney for each brand before importing into Australia?