Home – New Forums Tech talk Do you work with domain registrations? Reply To: Do you work with domain registrations?

kathiemt
  • Total posts: 1,167
Up
::
Greg_M, post: 265095, member: 38207 wrote:
Thanks for the info and the offer.

Yes, it was an “interesting” experience, makes a great after dinner story with a glass of red but it was a bit of a challenge at the time.

Long story short, the clients website (everything in my name, ha ha) was the primary prosecution evidence. Luckily they accepted I had no real connection to the business…but called me as a witness against my own client…over 40 minutes in the box being hammered by the prosecution barrister and my client defended himself. Client got a slap on the wrist in the magistrates court, but got his hackles up and took it to appeal in the county court where he was facing close to 40K in costs if he lost. He defended himself against a well credentialed barrister and I was still a primary prosecution witness. This time he actually won it…who says there’s no justice for the little guy :)

He’s still a client (and a friend) but I’m a lot more careful about where my name appears.

That is interesting. It’s amazing how many clients I’ve ‘rescued’ who couldn’t get access to their domain name when their former host or designer disappeared. I’ve always made sure that my client’s domains are registered in their own names although I’m often listed as their tech contact.