Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Would you use my android app? Reply To: Would you use my android app?

bb1
Participant
  • Total posts: 4,485
Up
::
AppLife, post: 265480, member: 78293 wrote:
That’s quite a strong opinion for someone who never even looked at the app.

I have been making software for small biz, individuals and Government for decades. I didnt make something that isnt useful, I made something that I use every day through which I serve customers and it would in fact be very useful for mobile operators like yourself.

Do you have a system that quickly gives you access to a previous job you did for a customer? So you know what you did last time?

Do you have something that works even if your on a rural job where you dont have 4G on your phone?

Do you have quick access to your clients contact information while viewing the job info?

Can you mark a task as done (e.g. prune the front and side brushes), and then let the client know instantly aswell?

I know what purpose the app has, and it’s benefits, I moreso want to confirm that but also have some more user engagement.

You might just find this is the best thing you’ve ever used, if communicating with clients is part of your strategy to repeat business and being organized in one place is important.

I wasn’t going to respond, but I have now downloaded the app so, I can legally comment,

Firstly your questions:-

Do you have a system that quickly gives you access to a previous job you did for a customer? So you know what you did last time? – Yes

Do you have something that works even if your on a rural job where you dont have 4G on your phone? – Yes

Do you have quick access to your clients contact information while viewing the job info? -I have quick access to client info,

Can you mark a task as done (e.g. prune the front and side brushes), and then let the client know instantly aswell? – Yes

But in reality you are doing exactly as I mentioned, you are making assumptions about what I need, rather then seeking input from your potential users.

I found the package difficult or counter intuitive to use, I think back in my day it was called, not user friendly.

It’s great that you have being making software for biz for decades, but have you actually being meeting what the client wants, or rather what you think they want.

FYI, I know I am just a lowly gardener, but for your info prior to this I had over 20 years in the IT industry, involved in software development, testing, distribution, but the number one requirement before any off that was client engagement for what they wanted, how they wanted to use it, and what pressed their buttons. We often had 3rd party developers come and say hey I have this great package for you, and when evaluated, it didnt meet the requirement and needed a total retrofit to suit what was really needed.

Oh by the way, it still fails on my number one requirement of repetitive tasks,

I’m trying to understand which type of people it would help the most.??????

Any other constructive criticism also welcome.- But only if its positive.