Home – New Forums Starting your journey Copyright/Trademark question – use of brand names. Reply To: Copyright/Trademark question – use of brand names.

JacquiPryor
  • Total posts: 2,344
Up
::

Hi Raven,

Feel free to shoot me an email to [email protected] with the specifics and I’m more than happy to review/comment further.

You’re right that this is not likely a copyright issue. Trade mark infringement can be subject to various things, and without all the details is hard to comment on that further.

The ‘main’ aspects you might need to consider is whether your proposed use of the plain word ‘marks’ of others is likely to mislead consumers in any way in to believing you have an affiliation with the actual car brands so that needs to be considered.

Certainly, think about whether what you are doing is likely to upset a car manufacturer/brand? If yes, then they might take exception and in doing so look at various legal aspects to make that upset a legal claim. It’s the sort of scenario that is a bit of ‘it depends’ in answer.

Hope this assists for the moment, and I look forward to hearing from you if I can be of any further assistance.