Home – New Forums Starting your journey How did you come up with a business name? Reply To: How did you come up with a business name?

bb1
Participant
  • Total posts: 4,485
Up
::
vanessas, post: 265931, member: 112517 wrote:
So far i have found tips like starting a name wirh “a” so it appears higher in search results, .

I’m not sure if this is as relevant today as it used to be in the yellow pages or printed documents, when it was a benefit to appear as the first couple under plumbers as an example. But I think (just my thoughts), today with google, etc, is it really as relevant. And anyhow if you want to really have the name ”basketball bouncers”, would you change it to ”a basketball bounce” instead your name needs to be meaningful to you, not just oh it will appear somewhere.

vanessas, post: 265931, member: 112517 wrote:
choosing a single syllable name which will be cheaper to print as well etc.

Most forms of print don’t charge by letter count, flyers, brochures, web pages, etc, are just charged on size, number of pages, etc. The only area I could think where this may be an issue (and not sure), may be when doing large signage, but these are one off expenses normally so a few extra characters shouldnt impact.