Home Forums Marketing mastery Ethical Question re: Email’s to client base Reply To: Ethical Question re: Email’s to client base

Joli
  • Total posts: 37

Almost all businesses I’ve purchased from online have signed me up to their newsletter with the assumption that I’ve enjoyed my purchase and will be happy to purchase again.

In most cases they’re correct and I’m happy to be on their list whether I ticked an opt in box or not. In other cases where it’s unlikely I’ll purchase again I am happy to unsubscribe.

I’ve also had websites add me to their mailing list after I’ve made a simple online enquiry (slightly annoying).

I have also been added to newsletters after attending networking meetings and having been asked for my business card (that does annoy me).

However, the thing that irritates me the most is completely unsolicited emails from companies I’ve never had dealings with. Especially more so if they don’t state a company name, website, address, contact details, or their email address doesn’t match who they say they are.