Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Starting up Reply To: Starting up

James Millar
Participant
  • Total posts: 1,739
Up
::
bigmem, post: 268276, member: 116829 wrote:
Thanks for the response, sorry ive never really posted anything or been a very social media person. Well my thoughts are, I have around 170k of equity in my home. Now would it make more sense investing the cash in other properties, distribute the deposits over a few, to avoid LMI and have the rent leave you a small amount per month, but enough to service the loan.
So in a nutshell have 5 properties all returning small amounts that equate to 1 property paid in full and the return is roughly the same as the 5 properties combined. Only dofference is having a larger port folio and having capital growth.
Cheers guys

I would first considering eliminating non deductible debt first using an offset account. What you do from there requires a quite a bit of thought and analysis across tax and investment elements and you aren’t going to get that from a forum. I recommend you see your accountant and then possibly a licensed financial adviser (unless you prefer to DIY investments because you are confident you can outperform an adviser).

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. [email protected] www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900