Home – New Forums Tech talk DIY Website recommendation – wordpress vs wix vs sqaurespace vs Joomla Reply To: DIY Website recommendation – wordpress vs wix vs sqaurespace vs Joomla

Ben_Mandeville_Clarke
  • Total posts: 8
Up
::

Hey Sparkling, I personally use SquareSpace. I find that it’s the easiest to wrap my head around (since I’m not very tech-oriented when it comes to websites and HTML / CSS, etc.). It’s easy enough to choose themes and add pictures and text, etc. . I have used WordPress in the past and it honestly made my head spin!

For me, I also hired someone for less than $100 on Fiverr to put together my SquareSpace website (which is a simple one pager). In the past, I’ve hired great people on Fiverr to put together a WordPress site (i.e. install the theme, add Instagram feeds, etc, etc.) for I think it was around $200. I found it was a great investment and most importantly it saved me from the headache of trying to create a presentable website myself and enabled me to instead focus on my strengths! :) I’m not sure how you define low cost, but in my opinion you can find great people on Fiverr to put together a really professional looking, consumer friendly website for < $200 and in less than 2 days.