Home – New Forums Money matters Our Stories – Facing The Pandemic Reply To: Our Stories – Facing The Pandemic

Paul – FS Concierge
Keymaster
  • Total posts: 3,488
Up
::
JamesMillar, post: 269077, member: 5318 wrote:
For what it’s worth my advice is ….think think think and think some more. You will probably find a better smarter way to do things inspired by the need to change. Sometimes we all need a little crisis and kick in the arse to change and improve. Being comfortable makes us all lazy thinkers.

I agree with the sentiment [USER=5318]@JamesMillar[/USER] . A time of great disruption is a time of great opportunity.

However, don’t discount luck and timing, two principle elements said to be present in the barnstorming growth of both Uber and AirBnB.

Those elements also work in reverse and my heart goes out to anybody caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Since I bought my business, I have been a huge proponent of cash-flow management and having a good balance sheet right now is probably more important now than ever.

I worked in the public employment system during previous recessions so I am confident in saying that many who thought they wouldn’t make it then, if fact thrived.

That is my hope for the Soloists out there who perceive their own future grimly. Many of you will have a better future than you though possible in times of no crisis!