Home Forums Marketing mastery Marketing Building Company, where to start Reply To: Marketing Building Company, where to start

BusinessTrade
  • Total posts: 210
NathanBoxa, post: 270317, member: 46158 wrote:
Hi all, im wondering where to start in regards to marketing for a building company.

At the moment the work we get is word of mouth. But these jobs are small to medium size, mostly small home renovations and extensions, we get them one at a time.
What we’d like to do is start taking on more jobs, so we have a few on the go at the same time. Maybe even expand to large new home builds or unit developments.
The company is all setup with systems, licenses and insurance ready to take on these jobs, we just need to get the phone ringing more with legit customers.

I was wondering if anyone here could point me in the right direction. From what i gather i should start with a marketing consultant, make a website and then set a monthly budget for online marketing.

My concern with this though is that we risk burning money, as we may be marketing in the wrong place or to the wrong people, maybe even the platform we use to market from is wrong, and we don’t reach who we are supposed to.
Also seeing the building industry covers a lot of areas, id like to avoid competing in areas where we would lose work to those who can do it cheaper, like it would be pointless competing against a mass builder who can buy materials cheaper than we can.

If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Im the eastern parts of Melbourne so working with someone local would be handy.

Most tradies and builders I have come across deal mainly with word of mouth. In saying that, it never hurts to have a professional website in the digital age. If you’re in this business for the long haul, it may be a good idea to invest in a good website and to have a long term plan for your online presence.

Getting a quality website is relatively inexpensive these days and with a robust SEO strategy, you could grow your SEO to target local long-tailed keywords – eg. “luxury custom builders Toorak”.

To grow your business, you could look to other channels to try to get exposure/leads.

Feel free to PM me for more information.