Home – New Forums Tell me straight… New site, what do you think? Reply To: New site, what do you think?

Paul – FS Concierge
Keymaster
  • Total posts: 3,488
Up
::

Hi Rowan,

I am just going to be straight out honest.

Overall, I do not like the theme. From the dark hero image to the small font that cramps the image on the inside pages (a CSS adjustment may fix that) to the Theme Logo at the bottom (if you have paid for the Theme, you should be able to remove the Logo).

The “Know More” button doesn’t lead anywhere (ATM)

It would be beneficial to remove “Dashboard” from the Homepage menu unless you have a use for it that you have not built yet.

The contact form shows a Google Map of New York – you may want to remove or fix that. And no phone number.

There is no How It Works or Pricing Page either and both need to be on a site like this.

On the inside pages, I couldn’t find the prices of goods either – that needs to be addressed. The page layout is probably not good overall. If you look at Kogan, you will see an immediate difference – big, clear product image on the left with slideshow underneath, Rating, Price, Clear Add To Cart on the right.

You would probably need at least seller ratings if not buyer ratings too.

I feel you need to also have clear advice about logistics which I can’t find eg, minimum order, payment terms, shipping costs and ETA etc.

The next thing to tackle is to roll out categories at once or one at a time. I prefer the latter or some hybrid of the 2 so that you can niche, target and communicate on the same level as the group.

I think, and have said it here a million times that two way marketplaces are the hardest of all online businesses because you have to be able to reach two groups and sub-sets thereof simultaneously and it is very hard to do that with just one, niched group.

Just my 2c of course.

Cheers

Paul