Home Forums Tech talk Do you consider building a website or use social media? Reply To: Do you consider building a website or use social media?

Jeremy McClelland
  • Total posts: 1

I see a website as being the core of your business marketing and one that you can control, social media will come and go over time but having a core website helps centralise, by all means utilise the social media platfoms that are currently popular but use them to drive traffic to your website.

Additonally, in my experience with some customers that have been Facebook only, having a website legitimises them. While 90% of their traffic may start with facebook having a website can harbour a sense of trust in the business they are dealing with, even a simple landing page with about information and contact details helps with online trust.

Of course no one solution is the silver bullet and will depend on the nature of your business and your target audience. But in most omni channel situations I normally adivse to keep your content in your owned and controlled website and publish from their to your social media channels.