Home Forums Selling online Upstand – Afterpay payment option Reply To: Upstand – Afterpay payment option

theupstand
  • Total posts: 16
LucasArthur, post: 271229, member: 34537 wrote:
Apologies, one thing i forgot to add was or is a statement i have learnt from many different stand points (or career roles)… Why put any barriers in the way of a potential customer buying from you? Whilst it isnt directly related, not offering some deferred payment options could be seen as a barrier to those wanting to use a deferred payment option (for whatever reason).

For me, this is an age old discussion around merchant services being offered.. EG: Those saying not to accept AMEX due to fees, although IMO its like cutting off the nose to spite the face… Why inhibit and lose a potential sale over such a small percentage – we take hits on AP, we take hits on freight although some sticking points (like the AMEX one or for even older peeps the DinersCard one) are fought tooth and nail to explain why not to accept..

Anyways, soz, forgot to mention you should look at all payment options to capture audiences far and wide – its amazing how a payment method can impact a sales channel in the positive or negative if you do or do not accept one over the other..

Cheers

Hi Lucas, thanks for taking time out to respond.

LucasArthur, post: 271229, member: 34537 wrote:
Apologies, one thing i forgot to add was or is a statement i have learnt from many different stand points (or career roles)… Why put any barriers in the way of a potential customer buying from you? Whilst it isnt directly related, not offering some deferred payment options could be seen as a barrier to those wanting to use a deferred payment option (for whatever reason).

For me, this is an age old discussion around merchant services being offered.. EG: Those saying not to accept AMEX due to fees, although IMO its like cutting off the nose to spite the face… Why inhibit and lose a potential sale over such a small percentage – we take hits on AP, we take hits on freight although some sticking points (like the AMEX one or for even older peeps the DinersCard one) are fought tooth and nail to explain why not to accept..

Anyways, soz, forgot to mention you should look at all payment options to capture audiences far and wide – its amazing how a payment method can impact a sales channel in the positive or negative if you do or do not accept one over the other..

Cheers
Thanks heaps for your quality feedback.

I don’t think I had a specific question that really needed to be answered, It’s just great to hear what others have to say! Your statement ‘why put barriers in the way of potential customers…’ so true.

Currently we only sell one product and it’s kind of cheap so I was also thinking would providing Afterpay be relevant? But as you say, why put barriers in the way of a potential customer.

Cheers

matt