Home Forums New here? Share your story Please Review My Website Reply To: Please Review My Website

Obfuscator
  • Total posts: 4
Paul – FS Concierge, post: 271281, member: 78928 wrote:
Hi and welcome to Flying Solo.

Please feel free to set up your signature if you’d like to include your website link.

http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/index.php?account/signature

I quite like your site.

Some things for improvement:
* Prominently display telephone number
*Provide Social Proof eg, testimonials
* Develop more custom photography especially of your products in “natural environments”.
*Introduce who you are in the About Us page
*Do more storytelling – try to identify the emotional connection that will help people identify with you.
*Expand products in categories with only one product
* Expand categories.

Your site has good bones.

Good luck.
Paul

JacquiPryor, post: 271284, member: 20176 wrote:
Hi Sai,

To the ‘deep discounts’ that Bert mentioned – e.g. your products all have a ‘slash through’ price and the current price. The ACCC has some information around this practice at https://www.accc.gov.au/publications/advertising-selling/advertising-and-selling-guide/pricing/two-price-comparison-advertising

When selling in this manner, indicating the product was originally one price and is now cheaper/on sale, there are some guidelines at that link to help ensure it’s done in an approved manner and is not misleading consumers.

I can see you have already taken a lot of the above suggestions on board, which is great and I agree the site has good bones and is on its way :)

I think a ‘grammar’ check is a good idea. If you are not in a position to hire a professional copywriter at this stage, perhaps even a family member or friend that can look at the content with fresh eyes to help ensure everything reads as best as it can.

All the best :)

[USER=7506]@Paul – FS Concierge[/USER] Thank you for your encouraging words & great suggestions.
Expand products in categories with only one product
* Expand categories.

Could you please give an example of this?

[USER=20176]@JacquiPryor[/USER] :) Thank you so much for that link. It’s very helpful for a new starter. I will remove slash-through price and keep only the selling price asap.