Home – New Forums Marketing mastery 10,000 followers how to turn to leads?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    kiwi73
    • Total posts: 18
    Up
    ::

Hi there. Our facebook page has always had alot of ‘likes’ probably due to our name. How can I generate quality leads from this and direct traffic to our site. I have had an analysts look into the site traffic and he has told me it is very low but once again our FB pages continues to grow. I also have not had any joy in getting email addresses so we can contact customers directly. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    http://www.facebook.com/evilemerican
    http://www.evilemerican.com

ConsultantKillers
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

Hi Jasson,
    I’d say definitely focus on email signups. Everything I’ve read says that engagement and conversions are still far higher via email than fb.

But since you’re asking for something (email address and the permission to send to their inbox) you really need to offer them an incentive to sign up (beyond “subscribe for updates etc”). It could be a voucher for the store or something else for free that will get the attention of your target audience. Their attention is what you’re asking for so you need to earn it by offering them something cool.

You’d also want to make your “subscribe” forms more visible. On your website it’s not easy to find from the homepage (best if it’s on the homepage itself).
    On FB you could also try some fb ads that link to your subscribe tab (offering the free gift). Paying for fb ads may or may not be profitable for you (depending on how many sales they drive) but you won’t know unless you test it out (start with a small limited budget).

You might check out Black Milk Clothing on fb for some more ideas? They have a ridiculous following and sell huge amounts of clothing (all online).

Good luck!
    Dave
    P.S. I’m getting a security message (in firefox) when I click your tabs on fb. Could be just me, but might be worth checking out.

kiwi73
    Up

thanks Dave!!!! Ill get some friends to click on the tabs and see if it happens. I set those up so hoping they still work ok. Thanks for the advice too. I am going to post a job on freelancer to set up a subscribe form that appears above the homepage on the users first visit then also add to the top of the site next to the store but i am looking at redsigning the site somewhat too; Ill go check the BMC out now. Thanks again :)
    J

John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up

Hey mate, I’d be happy to help you with this if you need.

Looking at your site, you desperately need an optin form on there. To get leads you must offer something of huge value – offer something they cannot refuse.

Keep your optin above the fold, and make it easy for people to sign up/register.
    Use multiple optins
    Track and measure all of them
    Split test your offers
    Filter out the ones that don’t work, ramp up the ones that do.

I would recommend just capturing emails, without the names.

Anfernee Chansamooth
    Participant
    • Total posts: 41
    Up

I second what John is saying.

We teach all our clients that the #1 key to monetising facebook (and any social media) is to get them OFF the social media platform and into a more “personal” engagement (email/phone call/private meeting).

I help service professionals create content that builds trust, attracts leads, and generates sales.
    ScarlettR
    • Total posts: 396
    Up

Content, content, content. Become the expert in your field so that when they’re ready to commit to what you provide they think of you first.

Provide an interesting feed of useful information. Offer things that people can use for free, that doesn’t cost you anything. The more trust you establish through connection. I think they call it ‘conscious capitalism’ these days. Connecting with your customers as one human to another, understanding their needs and not just spamming them with promotions and ads.

John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up
    ScarlettR, post: 170332 wrote:
    Content, content, content. Become the expert in your field so that when they’re ready to commit to what you provide they think of you first.

Content, promote, network, promote.

It’s pointless publishing content for the sake of publishing content.

I’ve done it. It doesn’t work. Unless you promote and network with people.

Jodie McLeod
    • Total posts: 345
    Up

Hi Evilemerican,

Check out this article by Troy Dean on “Getting more business from Facebook“. Some valuable tips in there on converting Likers…

Cheers,

Jodie

kiwi73
    Up

Thanks everyone for your feedback!!! Much appreciated. I have just started working with a business consult too so Ill report all of this on our next meeting. Hoping he ll keep me on track, creatives kinda get lost in the details sometimes :)

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    FS Editor, post: 170355 wrote:
    Hi Evilemerican,

Check out this article by Troy Dean on “Getting more business from Facebook“. Some valuable tips in there on converting Likers…

Cheers,

JodieJust heads up, that article is quite old and some of the tips are out of date.

Jodie McLeod
    • Total posts: 345
    Up

Hi Matt,

You are quite right, and I’ve slapped myself on the wrist for not reading through it in detail before recommending. Facebook changes so quickly.

I think the main thing in converting Likers to leads is build the sense of community first. Engage your community before trying (and expecting) to sell to them.

I love the analogy of content marketing (such as on Facebook) like music at a nightclub – play good music and the people will come, and the byproduct of that is you sell more beer. People don’t come for the beer – they come for the music – but beer is sold as a consequence.

It all comes down to content and community.

Good luck Evilemerican!

jodie

King Creative
    • Total posts: 27
    Up

Hi Evilemerican,

You could get a custom Facebook app made to collect data and email addresses from your followers/Likers. Those people that opt in could get exclusive deals/discounts/releases etc. I’ve worked with a number of brands and found that this works well and allows them to connect with their target market.

Good luck

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    evilemerican, post: 170371 wrote:
    Thanks everyone for your feedback!!! Much appreciated. I have just started working with a business consult too so Ill report all of this on our next meeting. Hoping he ll keep me on track, creatives kinda get lost in the details sometimes :)

Hi Jasson

First step is to set up an email sales funnel from Facebook onto your website.

THis means on your website, your number 1 goal is to collect email addresses. Right now I can’t easily see how to sign up. Putting a lightbox on your site is a good idea (regardless of what people ‘feel’ about it, it is highly effective). But you need a strong call to Optin to your email list.

Then on Facebook, drive people over in droves. Unfortunately when you grow a page to this size, you now have high costs of advertising. I always recommend being careful how big your page gets, it can actually become a downside. After selling my women’s accessory business recently (I had built that over 10 years), I am growing my current page very differently. Carefully!!

Use PunchTab or other contest software, load it onto Facebook, and only allow email signups. Offer good incentives.

If you need more help, I not only run workshops in both Facebook and Websites, but also offer private consults. A one hour consult would give you some clear direction.

Jenny

themoneytap
    • Total posts: 41
    Up

Wow, good info here. Id also avoid buying likes and followers, waste of money!

kiwi73
    Up

I totally agree Jodie! We are kinda changing our direction at the moment to focus on our message and through this we hope to attract like minded people. An interesting comment I make to people is I’m sick of trying to convince retailers to stock our brand. I have always wanted to be in a position where they contact us and we decide if they fit in with us. Over the weekend I had to go to a function at a great new venue/gallery on the Gold Coast called the DUST TEMPLE.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dust-Temple/466607053413384
    I ended up meeting the owner and he asked what I did. When I told him I was creating a brand called evilemerican he looked at me and asked if our main logo was a sheep. And i was yeah thats us, and he just ‘lost it’ saying how he had some of our postcards etc in his old cafe and thought it was the best brand he’d seen since being on the coast and asked if he could stock there. :) Yay hahah but the fact that he grasped what we were trying to achieve and got behind it was really encouraging. The cool thing if for a marketing point of view the people that visit his business are exactly the market we are trying to attract!!!
    Thanks for everyones comments.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.