Home – New Forums New here? Share your story 17 years old – Worked with Facebook Investor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    B Cooper
    • Total posts: 211
    Up
    ::

Hey Guys,

My name is Brentis, I’m 17 years old and I’m from Rural VIC. Recently I was flown to San Francisco to meet Peter Thiel, the main investor of Facebook and Co-Founder of PayPal. He was offering x20 $100,000 grants to young entrepreneurs, and I was in the top 40 from around the world.

In the meantime, I’ve launched The Think Big Business Academy (http://www.thinkbigbusinessacademy.com), which aims to help other young entrepreneurs across Australia by providing courses and programs.

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Hi Brentis – congratulations on your achievement! What a great honour and experience for you.
    Wishing you all the best with your new venture!

Karen C.

PS you might want to correct the two typos for Australian/UK spelling … Enroll in the menu should be Enrol and enrollments should be enrolments. Cheers.

PPS These typos are NOW FIXED. :)

B Cooper
    Up

Thanks very much Karen! (I fixed the mistakes!).

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

That’s great. We look forward to hearing more from you and how you are doing. Best wishes. :)

thanhdao
    • Total posts: 15
    Up
    Brentis, post: 78265 wrote:
    Hey Guys,

My name is Brentis, I’m 17 years old and I’m from Rural VIC. Recently I was flown to San Francisco to meet Peter Thiel, the main investor of Facebook and Co-Founder of PayPal. He was offering x20 $100,000 grants to young entrepreneurs, and I was in the top 40 from around the world.

In the meantime, I’ve launched The Think Big Business Academy (http://www.thinkbigbusinessacademy.com), which aims to help other young entrepreneurs across Australia by providing courses and programs.

im very impress about your work. My name is Thanh Dao. Im studying at Monash Uni (Vic). I will first this year and intend to open my own import/export business. i really need some adivce to start up. but im not so should about you website. can it help me?…

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

Congratulations Brentis !! A wonderful achievement.

You may be interested in looking at this thread (in case you haven’t already seen it)

http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/networking-events/10503-young-entrepreneurs-brisbane-2011-a.html?highlight=young+brisbane

Wendy :)

wrinkle094
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

WoW Very nice. congratulations. Hope you make it big.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Brentis,

Welcome aboard, and congratulations on your achievements so far. I hope you enjoy hanging out here, and that it helps you learn even more about business and entrepreneurship.

All the best,
    Jayne

Neddy
    • Total posts: 392
    Up

Good on you Brentis – fantastic achievement.

Lena
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Congratulations Brentis! That’s a very great honor and achievement for you. Keep us posted:)

profitclicks
    • Total posts: 160
    Up

Congratulations Brentis! I agree that the key to success in any business is developing the right mindset. Without developing this first, your business is doomed to failure.

seolyka2
    • Total posts: 157
    Up

Congrats Brentis. You’re a great young achiever. Keep it up.

Gordon Akman
    • Total posts: 229
    Up

What are you doing worrying about money at your age young man? You should have more important things on your mind ha! Well done on your achievements. Keep learning from the San Fran set. From my experience it’s them and certain hedge fund managers who have the best ideas for making money.

B Cooper
    Up
    thanhdao, post: 78292 wrote:
    im very impress about your work. My name is Thanh Dao. Im studying at Monash Uni (Vic). I will first this year and intend to open my own import/export business. i really need some adivce to start up. but im not so should about you website. can it help me?…

Hi Thanh. The Young Entrepreneurs courses focuses more on small online businesses, however it teaches the fundamental basics that I believe are extremely important in starting a business. For example the following topics: Mind Set, Business Basics, Web Development, and Marketing.

I think it would be extremely useful if you have no experience in business. It creates a fantastic foundation. But of course, its completely up to you :)

Thanks for your kind words!

Brentis

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.