Home – New Forums New here? Share your story 18 Hour Days are FUN!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    nduncan
    • Total posts: 98
    Up
    ::

18 hours are great if you are building your own business however it’s not so great if you are working for someone else on a salary and have to do them continually.

My advice on FB would be to try to seperate your business friends from your actual friends. If you combine the two you can end up bombarding your actual friends with too much business related information.

nduncan
    • Total posts: 98
    Up

18 hours are great if you are building your own business however it’s not so great if you are working for someone else on a salary and have to do them continually.

My advice on FB would be to try to seperate your business friends from your actual friends. If you combine the two you can end up bombarding your actual friends with too much business related information.

Phillip P
    • Total posts: 254
    Up
    adapt2change, post: 100122 wrote:
    Hi Phillip,

Tying it all together seems to be the trickiest part of social media promotions – Getting the Facebook pages, Twitter stream, main company website, etc to act as parts of a unified whole will require a lot of planning an co-ordination.

Just create all the social media you want and get it automatically updated using free service like posterous.com

It will update multiple blogs, social media and different things at the same time.

Phillip P
    Up
    adapt2change, post: 100122 wrote:
    Hi Phillip,

Tying it all together seems to be the trickiest part of social media promotions – Getting the Facebook pages, Twitter stream, main company website, etc to act as parts of a unified whole will require a lot of planning an co-ordination.

Just create all the social media you want and get it automatically updated using free service like posterous.com

It will update multiple blogs, social media and different things at the same time.

Bizweb
    • Total posts: 19
    Up

I must say be careful with this strategy, as Ed Dale promoted on the Challenge this year, FB is not syndicating all of the auto post content to all that like your page, so you are better off posting to FB manually at least.

Phillip P, post: 100357 wrote:

One thing with FB also, don’t get too hung up on numbers of fans/followers/likes etc as anyone that clicks your like button whilst using FB as a “Page” will not show up in your likes tally, but they will still get your manually updated status updates etc.

Being B2B make sure you have your FB stream & Twitter Stream on your website somewhere as this will also help. (something I need to do myself lol)

I hope this helps – lets hope for a Sunny Brissy Chrissy :)

Cheers

Steve Fallon

Bizweb
    Up

I must say be careful with this strategy, as Ed Dale promoted on the Challenge this year, FB is not syndicating all of the auto post content to all that like your page, so you are better off posting to FB manually at least.

Phillip P, post: 100357 wrote:

One thing with FB also, don’t get too hung up on numbers of fans/followers/likes etc as anyone that clicks your like button whilst using FB as a “Page” will not show up in your likes tally, but they will still get your manually updated status updates etc.

Being B2B make sure you have your FB stream & Twitter Stream on your website somewhere as this will also help. (something I need to do myself lol)

I hope this helps – lets hope for a Sunny Brissy Chrissy :)

Cheers

Steve Fallon

Phillip P
    Up

This is true but a facebook strategy can waste a lot of time when your doing it manually and you will come to the point when that another hour ontop of your 18 hours as the thread suggests.

When if facebook releases a way to subscribe to pages and not just people it will be a lot better and cheaper to get your point across.

Use facebook on your page as a testimonial tool more than a LIKE my page tool.

Phillip P
    Up

This is true but a facebook strategy can waste a lot of time when your doing it manually and you will come to the point when that another hour ontop of your 18 hours as the thread suggests.

When if facebook releases a way to subscribe to pages and not just people it will be a lot better and cheaper to get your point across.

Use facebook on your page as a testimonial tool more than a LIKE my page tool.

Sentinel Meteorology
    • Total posts: 119
    Up

Thanks for tips and suggestions everyone.

Phillip – I’d been thinking that way myself, looking perhaps a way from the website to let happy customers leave comments on the FB wall, along with news and updates. Automatically syndicating stuff between the website, FB and Twitter is something I’m looking into doing, perhaps via a WordPress plugin since that’s what I’m using for the main site. I’m open to being social with social media, but don’t want it to become a bottemless time sink.

Steve – Making the FB and Twitter streams visible on the website certainly fits with my desire for all these tools to operate as integrated parts of a marketing system. I need to think through the best approach a bit more though.

Sunny Christmas in Brizzy would be nice. Got a picnic planned, so fingers crossed!

Cheers.

Sentinel Meteorology
    • Total posts: 119
    Up

Thanks for tips and suggestions everyone.

Phillip – I’d been thinking that way myself, looking perhaps a way from the website to let happy customers leave comments on the FB wall, along with news and updates. Automatically syndicating stuff between the website, FB and Twitter is something I’m looking into doing, perhaps via a WordPress plugin since that’s what I’m using for the main site. I’m open to being social with social media, but don’t want it to become a bottemless time sink.

Steve – Making the FB and Twitter streams visible on the website certainly fits with my desire for all these tools to operate as integrated parts of a marketing system. I need to think through the best approach a bit more though.

Sunny Christmas in Brizzy would be nice. Got a picnic planned, so fingers crossed!

Cheers.

Phillip P
    Up

Use this inside your sidebar

http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/activity/

Twitter for me feels like a lot of noise at times… i know other people that swear by it though.

Phillip P
    Up

Use this inside your sidebar

http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/activity/

Twitter for me feels like a lot of noise at times… i know other people that swear by it though.

Bizweb
    Up

The great thing about both Twitter and your Facebook business page are that both are indexed by the search engines well, and content on them stays there forever!

So if you were to make a post once a day on your facebook page that automatically syndicated to Twitter, and each had a link to a blog post of yours, or an internal webpage on your website, then you have the potential of over 700 backlinks to your website which could go a long way towards your ranking in Search engines.

It is just about finding the time to do it yourself, or the money for someone to manage this for you.

The other great benefit is that if you are in a market with average competition, from an SEO perspective, you could potentially rank first page for keywords with your
    Website
    Facebook page
    Tweets
    Youtube channel
    Youtube videos
    Images if you use them in FB or Twitter
    LinkedIn

That is called domination, and no one talks about that, and is especially doable over time in local business markets and targeted areas.

If I Google my name, then I see I dominate 6 out of the 10 first page results (out of 20 million ) due to my activity over the last 6 years, without trying to optimise for it.

I hope this helps

Cheers

Steve

Bizweb
    Up

The great thing about both Twitter and your Facebook business page are that both are indexed by the search engines well, and content on them stays there forever!

So if you were to make a post once a day on your facebook page that automatically syndicated to Twitter, and each had a link to a blog post of yours, or an internal webpage on your website, then you have the potential of over 700 backlinks to your website which could go a long way towards your ranking in Search engines.

It is just about finding the time to do it yourself, or the money for someone to manage this for you.

The other great benefit is that if you are in a market with average competition, from an SEO perspective, you could potentially rank first page for keywords with your
    Website
    Facebook page
    Tweets
    Youtube channel
    Youtube videos
    Images if you use them in FB or Twitter
    LinkedIn

That is called domination, and no one talks about that, and is especially doable over time in local business markets and targeted areas.

If I Google my name, then I see I dominate 6 out of the 10 first page results (out of 20 million ) due to my activity over the last 6 years, without trying to optimise for it.

I hope this helps

Cheers

Steve

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.