Home – New Forums Tech talk 1st Time Ever on Page1 of Google Today!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    MD Clean
    Participant
    • Total posts: 308
    Up
    ::

Yay me!

I made it to page 1 today for an extremely competitive keyword, “Commercial Cleaning Gold Coast”.

If you think of plumbers, painters and tilers, there are probably twice as many cleaners than those 3 combined.

I know I might slip back at any moment and that is OK.

My strategies so far in very broad terms for anyone who is interested.

1. On page focusing on 20+ elements
    2. Relevant citations (10+ – only about half done) with unique descriptions for every citation.
    3. The beginnings of content building… 3 x blog articles, unique content and 1K plus words.

I am about to do my first link exchange to a relevant source ie, cleaning supply company.

I admit it. I did a little jump for joy:-)

But as a soloist, nobody was there to see it:-(

chrisa123
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Great work!

Its definitely a long road to strong, stable rankings but it sounds like you’re definitely well and truly on the right track.

In case you’re not already aware, just be very very sparing with the link exchanges. Reciprocal links are fine in low numbers but don’t build your backlink strategies around it! :)

MD Clean
    Participant
    Up
    chrisa123, post: 205124 wrote:
    Great work!

Its definitely a long road to strong, stable rankings but it sounds like you’re definitely well and truly on the right track.

In case you’re not already aware, just be very very sparing with the link exchanges. Reciprocal links are fine in low numbers but don’t build your backlink strategies around it! :)

Thanks for the advice Chrisa,

Message received.

cos71n
    • Total posts: 33
    Up

Nice work, always a good feeling to crack the first page!

Judging by the low DA score and on-page optimisation of most of the site’s you’re competing with, if you’re able to achieve some strong, quality links you should drift to the top pretty easily.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Congratulations Paul :)

Rest assured that there are soloists everywhere jumping for joy right along with you :)

Love your work,
    Jayne

yesitsme
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

How are you checking on which position you are?
    Do you have any special tool or just type in in Google on your PC?

MD Clean
    Participant
    Up
    yesitsme, post: 205229 wrote:
    How are you checking on which position you are?
    Do you have any special tool or just type in in Google on your PC?

I tested some tools back in March but none of them went to the Regional Level.

There is one tool that can look as low as Capital City results,

So I look for results in Incognito mode and confirm on computers I have never been on in the past eg, at friends, clients etc.

cos71n
    • Total posts: 33
    Up
    MD Clean, post: 205231 wrote:
    I tested some tools back in March but none of them went to the Regional Level.

There is one tool that can look as low as Capital City results,

So I look for results in Incognito mode and confirm on computers I have never been on in the past eg, at friends, clients etc.

If you’re only checking one or two keywords then I recommend using the browser plugin “Fatrank” – it allows you to check the ranking of whatever page you’re on for whatever keyword you want, and it works at regional level. It’s free.

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

Well done Paul. Keep us posted if this translates to more quality leads, and actual new business.

mypresences
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

Well done paul … I would also recommend focusing on local SEO to see if you can get your business into the local 7 pack in addition to the organic links.

Regards,
    Paul.

MD Clean
    Participant
    Up
    arrowwise, post: 205286 wrote:
    Well done Paul. Keep us posted if this translates to more quality leads, and actual new business.

Thanks for the encouragement.

My site went to the 1st page on Monday, Since then, business has been off the hook and I have been delightfully taken aback.

I have been awed by the power of Google and will have to re-assess the trajectory of my forecasts… upwards.

And people are still using more traditional forms of media to find local businesses such as the Yellow Pages.

Web search is still not at its nadir yet so the value of 1st page results will continue to climb over the coming years IMO.

MD Clean
    Participant
    Up
    mypresences, post: 205303 wrote:
    Well done paul … I would also recommend focusing on local SEO to see if you can get your business into the local 7 pack in addition to the organic links.

Thanks Paul,

I haven’t read of a definitive guide yet about how to get there. I was there on Tuesday and Wednesday but not today… if you know of one, I am all ears…

On those days, I was Result #1 for PPC, Result #1 for G. Business and Result #8 for organic

My whole approach has been local (everything has “Gold Coast” on it). I didn’t feel I could compete for generic search terms with the national companies and with more and more searches being done by phone and tablet (where G uses the searchers location to render results), I felt that a local approach would deliver results much faster. Also, Google’s drop down options make it much more valuable than it used to be.

In my suburb, I am the only result on Google Business and have shown up up to 7 x in page 1 and 2, most of which are from citations that name my business, eg, this is the Yelp citation,

“MD Commercial Cleaning – Southport Queensland | Yelp
    http://www.yelp.com.au › Professional Services › Office Cleaning
    Specialties: Receive expert and affordable commercial cleaning and office cleaning on the Gold Coast. We have over 10 years experience that we can put to”

webtechhosts
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    MD Clean, post: 205122 wrote:
    Yay me!

I made it to page 1 today for an extremely competitive keyword, “Commercial Cleaning Gold Coast”.

If you think of plumbers, painters and tilers, there are probably twice as many cleaners than those 3 combined.

I know I might slip back at any moment and that is OK.

My strategies so far in very broad terms for anyone who is interested.

1. On page focusing on 20+ elements
    2. Relevant citations (10+ – only about half done) with unique descriptions for every citation.
    3. The beginnings of content building… 3 x blog articles, unique content and 1K plus words.

I am about to do my first link exchange to a relevant source ie, cleaning supply company.

I admit it. I did a little jump for joy:-)

But as a soloist, nobody was there to see it:-(

Great work on the first page – how long have you had your website up and are you paying someone todo your SEO?

SEO can take upto 6 months to get good results – its a lot of registering/creating mentions on blogs and also some of the code needs to be correct otherwise you get pipped at the post.

Do you spend a lot on online marketing?

Kyle

MD Clean
    Participant
    Up
    webtechhosts, post: 205379 wrote:
    Great work on the first page – how long have you had your website up and are you paying someone todo your SEO?

SEO can take upto 6 months to get good results – its a lot of registering/creating mentions on blogs and also some of the code needs to be correct otherwise you get pipped at the post.

Do you spend a lot on online marketing?

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the kind words.

I created the website myself using the Enfold Template from TF, created the copy myself and have done the on-page optimisation and off site citations myself.

It all started in March this year and whilst I did a lot of work to set the site up, my efforts since have been sporadic – definitely need to get back to a solid work ethic.

Since then, I have spent about $56.00 per week on PPC, normally achieving first position for 3K keywords due to a good Quality Score – I paid $330 to set up the campaign.

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up
    MD Clean, post: 205312 wrote:
    My whole approach has been local (everything has “Gold Coast” on it). I didn’t feel I could compete for generic search terms with the national companies and with more and more searches being done by phone and tablet (where G uses the searchers location to render results), I felt that a local approach would deliver results much faster. Also, Google’s drop down options make it much more valuable than it used to be.
    Hi Paul,

Congratulations on your SEO actiivities so far.

It is very difficult with the limited info available in a forum but I have to wonder whether you are on the right track with your SEO implementation.

SEO starts with defining your target users and services.

That usually means you create and publish a number of pages for those different potential customers and the services/benefits that they want.

In amongst this planning and page creation you will probably need to address the communication needs of existing customers vs potential customers.

I don’t see this being implemented on your site…

Eg:
    If someone searches for “shop cleaning services Gold Coast” your mdcommercialcleaning.com.au/retail-cleaning/ page should rank top in Google AND should include most of the information a shop owner would need to know about your service. They may need to click through to “About” for general info BUT pricing and quality info relevant to shop owners should be published on this page. You also want testimonials relevant to retail to be published on this page.

Your biggest SEO and usability problem relates to how you organise and present your information. Don’t make people click to another page if you can avoid it. Don’t make people click through to a list of testimonials and pricing examples that are of little relevance to a specific customer target.

Your Home page is particularlay important. Who is it targeting, new customers or repeat customers?

If you are targeting new customers, you will need to be very specific in your Home copy. At present your page copy is not targeting “commercial cleaning Gold Coast”. It is not about commerical cleaning services at all, it is about your business. If it was about “commercial cleaning” at the very least I would expect to see a list of the different types of commercial businesses you service with links off to pages on your site for these customer types.

IMHO, you won’t maximise your SE referrals with your currnet approach to SEO, or how it appears.

PS. Local search is where you should have a major SE ranking advantage over the “national” competitors. Location searches canl emasculate them!
    Regs,
    JohnW

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.