Home Forums Tech talk 2 numbers on 1 mobile phone?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    lilmis
    • Total posts: 20

Hello. In the process of setting up a small business. Does anyone know how to have a second mobile number for business on the same mobile phone you use for personal use?
    Thanks

Anthony Michaud
    • Total posts: 66

Hi Lilmis, you can either get a dual SIM mobile phone, or can setup forwarding from the personal number to the business number. Outgoing calls will be from the business number. Alternatively you could setup a hosted phone number that goes to the personal number, and you can block outbound caller ID and/or have a soft phone as an app on the mobile, that will operate as a second phone app – depending on the app, this can be complicated, as both phones can ring, even when you’re on a call.

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712

I had a duel sim phone before the one i have now and loved it. So easy and it came up on screen as well as different ring tones between my business and personal numbers.

lilmis
    • Total posts: 20
    Rowan@quaotic, post: 270698, member: 28171 wrote:
    I had a duel sim phone before the one i have now and loved it. So easy and it came up on screen as well as different ring tones between my business and personal numbers.

Ohhh great! Yes I’m wanting the business number to ring differently so I know it’s a business call and will answer the phone more professionally. I’ll look into a dual sim thanks :)

Friderday
    • Total posts: 1

Dual sim phone are common nowadays, I’m quite shocked you didn’t know about that.

digitaljunkies
    • Total posts: 1

Yes, it could be possible if you purchase any dual sim phone. Then you can use your both phone numbers in one phone.

BusinessTrade
    • Total posts: 210

A dual sim mobile would fit your purpose as others have stated. Most Asian branded (Korean/Jap/Chinese) have dual SIM variants for their handsets.

VoIPSmart
    • Total posts: 22

Iphone 11 pro max has dual sim and most recent Samsung phones also.

However depending on call volume, you may want a proper VoIP business phone system. This would allow you to set operating hours and not have the phone ringing after hours.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.