Home – New Forums Tell me straight… 2 rough web layouts to compare

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Leisa D
    • Total posts: 563
    Up
    ::

Hi all, would you mind having a quick look at these two versions of a website, and tell me which one – at first glance – looks better, in terms of colour, layout and navigation. (Also which colour combo is best for the logo?)

– thanks in advance, Leisa

http://www.tagline.com.au/
    http://www.tagline.com.au/other-design/

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

I prefer v1 with the strong colour heading. Easier to read also. (The orange is hard to read on the second version.) It’s good that it’s a fixed width too (i.e. does not expand when making window bigger.)

I probably would suggest putting a link to the Contact page under My Order in the top menu as well if you can. That’s where the customer would normally look for it.

Cheers.

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

I prefer v1 with the strong colour heading. Easier to read also. (The orange is hard to read on the second version.) It’s good that it’s a fixed width too (i.e. does not expand when making window bigger.)

I probably would suggest putting a link to the Contact page under My Order in the top menu as well if you can. That’s where the customer would normally look for it.

Cheers.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

I am going to get difficult here…

I like the colours on the second version, but I like the dark header on the first.

If you use the colours of the second header (If the header was 100% width) of the first I would be happy :)

I also prefer the layout of the second.

Cheers!

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

I am going to get difficult here…

I like the colours on the second version, but I like the dark header on the first.

If you use the colours of the second header (If the header was 100% width) of the first I would be happy :)

I also prefer the layout of the second.

Cheers!

BlackCoffeeComms
    • Total posts: 472
    Up

Agree with Matthew – the layout of the second one is more user friendly, but I like the bold header of the first :)

Cheers

Nicole

BlackCoffeeComms
    • Total posts: 472
    Up

Agree with Matthew – the layout of the second one is more user friendly, but I like the bold header of the first :)

Cheers

Nicole

adrian
    Participant
    • Total posts: 181
    Up

Colour – option 2. I really don’t like the grey on grey of the first option, but maybe the making the grey banner BG full width, and putting that at the top of option 2 to see how it looks…?

Layout – sorry, no comment, I’m not sure which aspects of the layout you’re after feedback for.

Navigation – I’d maybe take… Neither… Hang on, I’ll throw something together. Quicker than typing an explanation… Here you go (disclaimer – don’t take this too seriously, I’m developer, NOT a designer)

tagline_screen_shot.jpg

Is there any way you can try both, and see which converts better?

Cheers

adrian
    Participant
    • Total posts: 181
    Up

Colour – option 2. I really don’t like the grey on grey of the first option, but maybe the making the grey banner BG full width, and putting that at the top of option 2 to see how it looks…?

Layout – sorry, no comment, I’m not sure which aspects of the layout you’re after feedback for.

Navigation – I’d maybe take… Neither… Hang on, I’ll throw something together. Quicker than typing an explanation… Here you go (disclaimer – don’t take this too seriously, I’m developer, NOT a designer)

tagline_screen_shot.jpg

Is there any way you can try both, and see which converts better?

Cheers

spinninghill
    • Total posts: 345
    Up

I too prefer the OTHER layout, but agree the header should be full width. Good luck !

spinninghill
    • Total posts: 345
    Up

I too prefer the OTHER layout, but agree the header should be full width. Good luck !

Social Shout!
    • Total posts: 94
    Up

My 2cents…

OTHER is much better. Looks clean, fresh & generally more professional.

Agree though that the orange gets a bit lost. BUT…I still think a darker orange would work well with this colour scheme.

Good luck!

T!

Social Shout!
    • Total posts: 94
    Up

My 2cents…

OTHER is much better. Looks clean, fresh & generally more professional.

Agree though that the orange gets a bit lost. BUT…I still think a darker orange would work well with this colour scheme.

Good luck!

T!

Adam Stanecki
    • Total posts: 131
    Up

I like option 2.
    However, I think it needs a subtle background behind the white body.
    I prefer this logo too.

Adam Stanecki
    • Total posts: 131
    Up

I like option 2.
    However, I think it needs a subtle background behind the white body.
    I prefer this logo too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.