Home – New Forums Tell me straight… 2010 here we come

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Warren Cottis
    Participant
    • Total posts: 807
    Up
    ::

Hello Everyone

2010 is looming and it’s time for a makeover of the 360 website

It would be a great time to tell me what you don’t like and your suggestions please?

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

G’day mate and a merry Christmas an a fantastic 2010.
    I guess I dont like twits but then I would be call BIASED.
    I do love flying solo and the members of it, and
    Gees mate you have a buzy website but it may attract gen iPod, may not attract gen X or Y. Definately not Baby Boomers or those of my generation, but hey what would I know I have one foot in the grave.

vxd
    • Total posts: 78
    Up

I agree with Burgo, there is too many things happening and the slideshow with the disgusting transition doesn’t help.

I think you can cull some of the content, consumer don’t want to be bombarded with a whole bunch of content online especially useless and irrelevant content.

one example is the poll.

I thought “gen ipod” would prefer minimalist design

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    Up
    vxd, post: 22032 wrote:
    I think you can cull some of the content, consumer don’t want to be bombarded with a whole bunch of content online especially useless and irrelevant content.

one example is the poll.

Thank you for the comments VXD & Burgo,

VXD, what content do you see as being useless and irrelevant besides the poll?

vxd
    Up

I like the 5 reasons to work with us.
    I think that could replace the slideshow. I really don’t like the slidshow.
    “Website Solutions
    Youraccess”
    Space between your and access.

I don’t think you need the big links: what we do, how we work and who we are on the home page.
    Like Burgo said it’s too busy you are just repeating links everywhere.

You could probably have the testimonial on a separate page to keep the home page a bit more clean.

What I would like to see on the home page is a quick summary about what you guys do. It’s probably there somewhere on the homepage but there are too many things competing for my attention.

I think you could have the contact form above all the content on that contact us page. It’s a bit of a pain to scroll all the way down to use it.

Truth is, I don’t know what else you would need to cull there is just too much pages and links. I’m sure they are all important but it’s just to confusing there is just too many links. I’ve tried to go through the website and like I said there is too many links.

I am not the targeted audience or market so maybe it might work for someone looking into a Auction Website or Dealership Website but I think they will be lost.

vxd
    Up

The Bitten Apple logo looks VERY similar to the Apple logo.

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    Up

Thanks for the input vxd

I don’t like the slideshow either

mike@engagemarketing
    • Total posts: 300
    Up

G’day Warren,
    i agree with most of what others have said. To me, when i’m looking for services like yours and i arrive at your website I want to see why I should use you. At the moment I can’t see that and It’s probably the large text (secondary menu really) under the slideshow that is taking up the room which should be used to sell, not direct.

With the “FREE digital performance assessment” box, I wouldn’t mind seeing “valued at $XYX” there. This would have people clicking a lot more.

The box at the bottom saying “a dynamic new branding and marketing tool between Page Advertising” doesn’t mean anything to me as a marketer, nor a small business owner. It’s really a bunch of jiberish.

I’d move the 5 reasons to work with us into a better position and maybe rephrase a lot of it. When i look at your website I see a lot of what you do and have done, but nothing about the benefits of using you (e.g. create a website that will attract new customers and digital marketing that will get the most out of existing ones while you barely lift a finger).

If you can work out a few good stats like “our clients, on average, experienced a XY% increase in revenue through the web” or “4/5 clients now list their website as their most effective marketing tool” that would help as well.

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    Up

Thank you Mike

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.