Home – New Forums Marketing mastery 2gb Radio Advertising HELP!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    plumb pros
    • Total posts: 20
    Up
    ::

Hey guys i have been approached by 2gb radio station to do some advertising for my plumbing Company. I need ALL input on advice and if it is worth doing? Also If i was to go ahead what information would you suggest? You are capped in i think about a 20 second ad so there is not much to say words need to be powerful and a call of duty. It is expensive so i need all help and advice i can get. Also remember it is for a plumbing company specializing in Maintanece eg Leaking taps toilets, blockages hot water heaters etc.
    Regards Michael

sixx
    • Total posts: 333
    plumb pros
    Up
    sixx, post: 74264 wrote:
    Repeat and annoy.

http://www.thedrainman.com.au/index.php?pageID=12982

What is the link for?

websitedesigner
    • Total posts: 917
    Up

If you’ve been approached then no. Why would you do something that you haven’t thought out just because someone approaches you? This kind of spend on advertising will not result in a return for you. If you plan your marketing you have ‘some’ chance if you react to everyone who approaches you, you have none.

sixx
    • Total posts: 333
    Up
    plumb pros, post: 74265 wrote:
    What is the link for?

It’s an example of effective radio advertising.

But have to agree with Dan and his comment. There’s probably a few things to consider before you get to that stage.

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

are you prepared for 10 ads a day foe maybe 2-4 weeks. Thats the sort of frequency needed. Plus huge planning – getting a VERY memorable number that people can recall 10 seconds after the ad…..

Captain Simmo
    • Total posts: 110
    Up

Radio is a good medium to use to build brand awareness and yes an expensive way also.

I guess you need to look into your current marketing plan and see if your Advertising dollars are to be used for Direct Advertising (call to action) or to be spent to build your brand.

If anyone wants a tip for a call to action for radio advertising – you should offer free delivery or a free call out fee for radio advertising to maximise your enquiries.

If your planning to advertise for just a few weeks, I wouldn’t even bother investing the dollars… Its a long term campaign and you will still need to incorporate other mediums to complement your radio advertising and maximise your results.

What area do you mainly target?

Simmo.

plumb pros
    Up
    Captain Simmo, post: 74274 wrote:
    Radio is a good medium to use to build brand awareness and yes an expensive way also.

I guess you need to look into your current marketing plan and see if your Advertising dollars are to be used for Direct Advertising (call to action) or to be spent to build your brand.

If anyone wants a tip for a call to action for radio advertising – you should offer free delivery or a free call out fee for radio advertising to maximise your enquiries.

If your planning to advertise for just a few weeks, I wouldn’t even bother investing the dollars… Its a long term campaign and you will still need to incorporate other mediums to complement your radio advertising and maximise your results.

What area do you mainly target?

Simmo.

Hi Simmo, want to target Sydney,Eastern suburbs and inner west.

Keeta Nova
    • Total posts: 294
    Up

I am a freelance writer, and I worked in radio for about 10 years. These campaigns can work effectively, but you will know yourself if it is the right option for you.

An alternative you might consider is researching the local community stations. These are generally run by volunteers as a community service, and they need ‘sponsors’ to fund operation costs. You won’t have a large audience, however the audience will be very local to your area and they will be more likely to support the station’s sponsors (rather than responding to an ad). The cost might even be as low as a few hundred dollars for several months.

If you ever need the help writing one of these ads please let me know, as I still do this. You can read some of my writing at http://www.keetanova.com.au

Goodluck!

Netboost SEO
    • Total posts: 191
    Up
    King, post: 74272 wrote:
    are you prepared for 10 ads a day foe maybe 2-4 weeks. Thats the sort of frequency needed. Plus huge planning – getting a VERY memorable number that people can recall 10 seconds after the ad…..

Forget the number – you need an easy to remember web address that has your number on it

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.