Home Forums Wellbeing & balance 5 simple ways to help small businesses affected by the drought

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lucy Kippist
    • Total posts: 230

I’ve been fortunate enough to talk to about 20 or so rural business owners in the last couple of months on our podcast and also for a profile series we’re doing called Regional Heroes.

This post by Kim Storey is an awesome summary of really practical ways we can help small businesses and communities affected by the drought – please pass it on!

And if you’re a small business owner in a rural/regional place, I’d love to hear your thoughts on what we can do to support you.

Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,119

It must be devastating for so many people going through lean times because of the drought.

That is a fantastic article Lucy with very practical strategies to help.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,472

And if doing the visit rural towns option, don’t do as so many people I know do, they fill up with petrol before leaving the city and take food and drink with them, because it is ”much dearer” in the country.

I travel a fair bit to country area’s, and it’s not that much dearer and often the same price, and if you think about the overall cost of even a day visit an extra couple of cents here or there isn’t going to break the bank, but the overall benefit to the country town is huge.

Lucy Kippist
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 267583, member: 78928 wrote:
    It must be devastating for so many people going through lean times because of the drought.

That is a fantastic article Lucy with very practical strategies to help.

Totally agree! Thanks Paul.

Lucy Kippist
    bb1, post: 267596, member: 53375 wrote:
    And if doing the visit rural towns option, don’t do as so many people I know do, they fill up with petrol before leaving the city and take food and drink with them, because it is ”much dearer” in the country.

I travel a fair bit to country area’s, and it’s not that much dearer and often the same price, and if you think about the overall cost of even a day visit an extra couple of cents here or there isn’t going to break the bank, but the overall benefit to the country town is huge.
    Good to know, Bert! Excellent point.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.