Home – New Forums Starting your journey A bit of help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    NickHumphries
    • Total posts: 418
    Up
    ::

Hi there guys,
    Apart from my web design business, I also am involved with a online soccer store. KickItDeals.com

I just did a quick search of “kickitdeals” on google, and my site redirected to a site called “soccerscorner” which I have no affiliation with and never heard of. I want to make sure that before I do a security check of my code, that this this redirection is happening to everyone.
    So can you please do a search of “kickitdeals” and tell me if this is happening for you?

Thanks everyone,
    Nick.

bradzo
    • Total posts: 335
    Up

Hi Nick

No “kickitdeals” came up #1 in Google, with “www.kickitdeals.com” as the 1st result. (phrase match!)

Clicked on the 1st result and got taken to http://www.kickitdeals.com so no drama there.

Right, now a question from an old (49yo) soccer player – I have a bodgy knee, but love my soccer – any tips on how I can play again? (Unless I go for an over 65 team…..?) :)

Good on you Nick – all the best.

Cheers

AngelaGirl
    • Total posts: 330
    Up

Ditto that… worked fine for me too.

NickHumphries
    Up
    bradzo, post: 90469 wrote:
    Hi Nick

No “kickitdeals” came up #1 in Google, with “www.kickitdeals.com” as the 1st result. (phrase match!)

Clicked on the 1st result and got taken to http://www.kickitdeals.com so no drama there.

Right, now a question from an old (49yo) soccer player – I have a bodgy knee, but love my soccer – any tips on how I can play again? (Unless I go for an over 65 team…..?) :)

Good on you Nick – all the best.

Cheers

Hey mate,
    Thanks for that.

There are plenty of older guys who play soccer with problems like yours. I suggest going to your local physiotherapist, they can do some amazing things these days with the equipment they have.

Not sure about your options with your local team as I’m under 30 and only play with players all about under that age :)

Good luck and thanks again for checking!

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up

I got redirected to that site too mate.

Edit: Ok, I found if you disable javascript it doesn’t redirect anymore. However I had a quick look and couldn’t see anything that is redirecting it to that site. :(

NickHumphries
    Up
    CondorCreative, post: 90483 wrote:
    I got redirected to that site too mate.

Edit: Ok, I found if you disable javascript it doesn’t redirect anymore. However I had a quick look and couldn’t see anything that is redirecting it to that site. :(

Yeah, very strange. I haven’t seen something like this before in my years of web developing. Going to get this checked out further.

Thanks for your help!

EmbalmSkincare
    Participant
    • Total posts: 459
    Up

Nick, I’m getting redirected too. Beats me why only some of us are and others get straight to your site. If it was everyone I would think to contact the owner of the other website… Let us know when you work it out!
    I’d be curious.
    Mel

John C.
    • Total posts: 439
    Up

wow that’s a real worry. I get redirected to soccerscorner.com if I visit your site in IE, but not in Chrome or Firefox. I’d definitely be checking the Javascript if I were you.

Where’d you get the theme?

I hope you work it out.

Cheers,
    John

John C.
    • Total posts: 439
    Up

If I disable ActiveX in IE the redirection doesn’t take place, so it’s definitely an ActiveX issue.

I’m no expert on ActiveX, but I’d be checking the following two files first:

I hope you work it out.

Cheers,
    John

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up

Hmmmmmm… doesn’t seem to be redirecting any more for me?

nitro-it
    Participant
    • Total posts: 77
    Up

Yeah this stuff is known to happen when you download themes, more often than not dodgy themes.

B Cooper
    • Total posts: 211
    Up

Hey Nick,

We haven’t chat in a while. I’ve actually had a very similar experience with one of my sites. It was redirected to a Russian army website – pretty strange.

Fixed it by installing the BP Security plugin. This helps prevent problems like this happening in the future :)

Cheers
    Brentis

NickHumphries, post: 90467 wrote:
    Hi there guys,
    Apart from my web design business, I also am involved with a online soccer store. KickItDeals.com

I just did a quick search of “kickitdeals” on google, and my site redirected to a site called “soccerscorner” which I have no affiliation with and never heard of. I want to make sure that before I do a security check of my code, that this this redirection is happening to everyone.
    So can you please do a search of “kickitdeals” and tell me if this is happening for you?

Thanks everyone,
    Nick.

justinagar
    • Total posts: 22
    Up
    NickHumphries, post: 90467 wrote:
    Hi there guys,

Thanks everyone,
    Nick.

I think this is a javascript redirect that you accidentally placed on your html head. Check your codes accordingly.

Steve_Minshall
    • Total posts: 518
    Up

Hi Nick,

When I clicked on the search result I got ‘soccerscorner’ but when I went back and clicked it again I got ‘kickitdeals’ then when I went back I got ‘soccerscorner’. I did this about 10 times and the 2 sites were consistantly alternated.

I know google can deliver different versions of the same page for testing purposes but not different web sites. Are you doing any testing with google web master tools that could be throwing up this alternative on every other click? (I didn’t re-search just went back to the same page of result)

I don’t know how the google alternative view thing works because I haven’t used it but I know you can do it and this just made think this is what it would look like, only 2 completely different sites set up rather than 2 versions of the same page.

Sorry if I’ve just thrown a random thought in there that may not help.

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up

Strange…… I can’t get it to redirect to that site any longer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.