Home – New Forums New here? Share your story A brave start-online verification services

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Estinitial
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

My name is Esther I’m new here and just started doing my own business. It is a website providing Chinese companies verification services.

Here is my story :)

I worked for a director of a small Australian company as an assistant and my main duty included product sourcing and Chinese company background check. Because my employer is native Australian and cannot understand Mandarin at all, like most English speakers, he found my assistance very helpful when it comes to China-related matters, verifying Chinese companies’ legitimacy or certificates for instance.

That’s when I realized this might be a business opportunity – providing verification services/due diligence for non-Chinese speakers when they dealing with Chinese companies.

And I did some research and noticed some competitors charge a fortune for the service…

So I built up my own website (for the very first time) in a month using WordPress and now are in the process of SEO and social account(FB & LinkedIn) daily update.

I also did a SWOT analysis…
    SWOT-.jpg

Thank you for finish reading…

Please let me know if you have any advice or feedback on my site or my business!!

Much appreciated.

Website URL: VerifyChina.Net

Esther Chen

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi and thanks for joining and posting Esther.

There have been a lot of Questions on Flying Solo – in fact more and more – around dealing with Chinese companies.

You site looks nice (good job) but could use a little bit of structural change and some improvement around the use of English.

I feel what people really want to know is, who are the trusted suppliers so having stories from Australian businesses that have had good experiences will really help to build trust in your business.

One idea for important content is to provide a guide for successfully dealing with Chinese companies eg provide a process around ordering samples, what to do if you are not happy with the sample quality or with the quality when larger orders are made, what kind of agreements work the best, approximate shipping costs, customs processes etc, etc.

Good luck with the business and keep us updated.

Cheers

Mischelle
    • Total posts: 805
    Up

Hi Esther,

Firstly welcome, and well done on a great looking website, but more importantly a great idea :).

More and more people will be looking for this type of service, I know my brother will soon be looking, I only have a few little comments on your site.

I understand that you are targeting a global market but I always believe establishing yourself as a trusted provider locally helps build clients and gives you people to write about in case studies. I suggest when you get a few clients, pick a couple that really stand out and contact them personally with a more hands on approach to see if they would consider being included in a case study.

Based on the domain and all the pages, other than “about us”, people do not know you’re an Australian company, you have a .net domain and USD pricing, so that could be a little confusing.

I suggest making it very clear on the home page you are Australian based and make sure the pricing is in AUD as default and let people select the country of choice. This is my personal opinion only, so take just take it into consideration.

You have a fantastic idea and the pricing is really good, and I am looking forward to hearing more about your journey.

Good luck
    Mischelle :)

Mischelle
    • Total posts: 805
    Up

PS: May I also suggest that you look at approaching a guide company for the Canton Fair as an alliance agreement. (NOT a partnership – an alliance agreement with anti competitive clauses).

There are a few companies in Australia that do guided tours of the Canton Fair, and I think your services would be an amazing asset to their services, so when people come back form the fair with overwhelming information, you can help sort out the suppliers with your verification reports.

Estinitial
    Up
    Mischelle, post: 240401, member: 60404 wrote:
    Hi Esther,

Firstly welcome, and well done on a great looking website, but more importantly a great idea :).

More and more people will be looking for this type of service, I know my brother will soon be looking, I only have a few little comments on your site.

I understand that you are targeting a global market but I always believe establishing yourself as a trusted provider locally helps build clients and gives you people to write about in case studies. I suggest when you get a few clients, pick a couple that really stand out and contact them personally with a more hands on approach to see if they would consider being included in a case study.

Based on the domain and all the pages, other than “about us”, people do not know you’re an Australian company, you have a .net domain and USD pricing, so that could be a little confusing.

I suggest making it very clear on the home page you are Australian based and make sure the pricing is in AUD as default and let people select the country of choice. This is my personal opinion only, so take just take it into consideration.

You have a fantastic idea and the pricing is really good, and I am looking forward to hearing more about your journey.

Good luck
    Mischelle :)

Hi Mischelle,

Thank you for your excellent ideas!! I really appreciate it.

1. You are right, I was thinking getting another .com.au domain! (.com is registered unfortunately) I will soon look into this. I will make it clear on home page as well.

2. About the currency.. I set the price in USD because I wanted to provide the service worldwide not exclusively Australia. And because we accept Paypal as payment method, customers can pay in their own currency and Paypal will convert the currency which I consider is more handy for both parties (your idea makes a lot of sense as well though)

3. I love your Canton Fair idea! People who attended to the fair are definitely my target customers.

Thank you for your help!

When your brother look into verification services, I can definitely provide some suggestions as well.

Regards,

Esther

Estinitial
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 240375, member: 78928 wrote:
    Hi and thanks for joining and posting Esther.

There have been a lot of Questions on Flying Solo – in fact more and more – around dealing with Chinese companies.

You site looks nice (good job) but could use a little bit of structural change and some improvement around the use of English.

I feel what people really want to know is, who are the trusted suppliers so having stories from Australian businesses that have had good experiences will really help to build trust in your business.

One idea for important content is to provide a guide for successfully dealing with Chinese companies eg provide a process around ordering samples, what to do if you are not happy with the sample quality or with the quality when larger orders are made, what kind of agreements work the best, approximate shipping costs, customs processes etc, etc.

Good luck with the business and keep us updated.

Cheers

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your quick response and advice!
    I will write an article about what to do when you are not happy about the quality in massive production and maybe an article about how to import from China step by step :D

Thanks again!

Regards,
    Esther

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.