Home Forums Starting your journey A little research

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    The Ale Tales
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

I’m in the process of creating and launching a long held dream of mine, a luxury beer journal – aka a beer blog.

If you can spare some time, I’d like to ask a couple of questions:

• What springs to mind when you read the term “luxury beer”
    • What difference, if any, would you expect between a “luxury beer journal” and a “beer blog”?

The combination of covid and being in Melbourne has given me the time to finally bring this to fruition, but has made it particularly difficult to get out and talk to people and hear their thoughts. I’d love to hear people’s thoughts around these questions (or any other thoughts).

Cheers Luke

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,226
    Up

The term luxury normally evokes very high end and exclusivity to me.

To that end, it kind of places you in a little bit of a box compared to names like best beers, top beers, even ultimate beer offers a little bit more flexibility.

They all point a little to some form of ratings, some taste descriptions, food pairings etc and coverage of awards, external and your own.

Taggart
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

It seems to me that in order to run an interesting beer blog, you need to work very well on the content that will fill the blog. After all, in such an interesting area, the reader can be kept thanks to useful and interesting information, which he breathes for the first time.
    To create interesting content, you can use thematic sources or try to use the services of the service https://papersowl.com/pay-for-essay. In them, you can order several essays that will be high quality and interesting. I am sure that this will be quality content for your blog and it will definitely help you. I hope it was useful for you.

OliverCivic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    • What springs to mind when you read the term “luxury beer”

To me, this is craft and boutique beers. In Australia, things like Little Creatures, Fat Yak, Four Pines etc. Not the likes of xxxx, Tooheys and friends.

• What difference, if any, would you expect between a “luxury beer journal” and a “beer blog”?

I’d expect to read a lot about beers that I’ve never heard of, for sure. I think design is important — it needs to look like a classy website, not a free Blogger template. Imagery is also important — I want to see photos that look professional, not poorly lit, blurry shots of beers.

lukehoare
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Hi [USER=118774]@The Ale Tales[/USER],

Question regarding your second question.

Who is your target audience? Is it beer drinkers or home brewers for example. Answer that question and that might help drive the content you create.
    Example for beer drinkers might be reviewing beers you taste test. For home brewers you could write content about how to home brew better.
    Also are you selling anything on your site or wanting to promote your own products or staying completely independent.
    Food (or should I say) Beer for thought;)

Regards,
    Luke…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.