Home – New Forums Tell me straight… a little too basic?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up
    ::

1. please let me know if you think the site is a little too basic …or not. I was wanting a minimalist look and yes, I used a template that I modified.

2. What does your business do? Sells bottom end of the market footwear. Normally wholesale, but we get bugged my people wanting retail sales.

4. What specific concerns do you have? None specifically, but if the site says enough, for yopu to buy from, is easy to navigate and presents no major barriers, then I’m happy.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.plusone.com.au/plusshop/thongs/

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

Hey King,

I don’t find your menu very inviting. I think you’d be best splitting it – some in a side bar on the left, some up the top.

Normally you would have site-wide navigation at the top (home, about us, contact us, etc). While your side menu would have contextual navigation (e.g. your products).

JohnSheppard
    • Total posts: 940
    Up

I second that, the menu brings it down…A nice logo instead of just plain font would be good…o

Tag’s by other companies, ie Mals Ecommerce and Open Web Design are an unnecessary distraction, but you might be happy with those there…

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

Thanks for feedbac. I had experimented with moving some of the menu down, but it looked ugly. Might try reducing size of the lower menu fonts to marginalise it a bit.

sixx
    • Total posts: 333
    Up
    King, post: 29253 wrote:
    Thanks for feedbac. I had experimented with moving some of the menu down, but it looked ugly. Might try reducing size of the lower menu fonts to marginalise it a bit.

King,

If you shaded (possibly orange) in the bottom row of menu (shipping etc.) it would create a definative devide without having to move anything. Or you could leave the bottom row where it is and put the items buttons below the photo.

That would look ok?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.