Home – New Forums Tell me straight… A new site for WordPress Fans

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ItsYourBusiness
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    ::

Hi guys, we just launched themebeacon.com.

Any feedback, comments, questions, etc. are most welcome :) The site is still in very early stages and still probably has a lot of bugs.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Very interesting :)

Is there a way to see all the themes chosen for you in a grid so you can quickly peruse them?

Also, if you don’t like a theme and hit the dow vote, how does that determine what it shows you? For example, a theme may not suit the project I am thinking of, but I still like it and don’t want to never see similar themes ever again. Is there a way to simply skip to the next theme rather than having to vote :)

Craig_Longmuir
    • Total posts: 556
    Up

site down…I get an application error warning…

Application Error

An error occurred in the application and your page could not be served. Please try again in a few moments.

If you are the application owner, check your logs for details.

Craig_Longmuir
    Up

worked next try, but then it crashed…

but, from what I saw it looks cool. assume its a (more advanced) affiliate site for theme sales?

Craig_Longmuir
    Up

after clicking show me my themes it crashes with,
    The page you were looking for doesn’t exist.

You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved.

If you are the application owner check the logs for more information

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

It is a nice looking site … but I’m getting errors and busted links (to non existent pages).

Noticed it’s running on Heroku. I’m getting the default Heroku screw up page, and the default Rails 404 page.

ItsYourBusiness
    Up

Hey guys, thanks for the heads up.

Been having some issues with the DNS propagation today. Hopefully it will be resolved by tomorrow.

Going to http://www.themebeacon.com instead may resolve the issues you’re having.

ItsYourBusiness
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 189234 wrote:
    Very interesting :)

Is there a way to see all the themes chosen for you in a grid so you can quickly peruse them?

Also, if you don’t like a theme and hit the dow vote, how does that determine what it shows you? For example, a theme may not suit the project I am thinking of, but I still like it and don’t want to never see similar themes ever again. Is there a way to simply skip to the next theme rather than having to vote :)

Thanks Matthew :) There’s no grid view at the moment, but that’s one of the first features we’re working on implementing.

Regarding the up/down voting – to be honest, at the moment it’s a bit of a gimmick – we’re still working on that bit too. One of the ideas we’re throwing around is adding < (back) and > (forward) buttons to the toolbar as well.

martin.firth
    • Total posts: 259
    Up

Nice site. Only annoyance is the scrolling. I hate sites that muck with my scrolling, and I know others do to.

Craig_Longmuir
    Up

I still get following warning once I try and view my themes..

The page you were looking for doesn’t exist.

You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved.

If you are the application owner check the logs for more information.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.