Home – New Forums New here? Share your story A New Solo Adventurer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    MDS_2000
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

Hi,

My name is Michael. I have watched from afar the brilliant ventures people on this community have undertaken and have decided to get involved with my own.

I founded Construct Aware, a provider of building condition (dilapidation) surveys and project management solutions.

Basically, I come from a construction project management background and I saw an opportunity to do more with pre-construction condition surveys. For those unfamiliar with dilapidation reporting, we will inspect and prepare a report on neighboring structures around a future construction site to document their current condition. We will then conduct a post construction survey to capture any changes in the properties’ condition.

In my experience, I found dilapidation reports were often prepared with tablet/phone camera technology and the service stopped at just providing the reports. I wanted to offer more assistance that I knew from my experience would be beneficial to the construction team.

Why we are different –
    – We don’t just stop at initial reporting – we offer a Potential Hot Spot Report detailing the scope of construction works and any potential areas that are in high risk of damage. We then offer to present this to the site team before works commences.

– We don’t just stop at final reporting – We offer a Remedial Rectification Report detailing any damage that has occurred over the course of construction (We review both reports and provide a separate snapshot) with an outline of how to rectify the issues (Hopefully if the site team has noted our Potential Hot Spot Report then this report will be minimal).

– We use cutting edge technology – We only prepare high quality reports with the latest Digital SLR camera technology. Have a location that is hard to access due to heights? we will bring in drone camera technology to give a detailed aerial shot.

Now you may think that these added services come at a price premium. Incorrect.
    We are comparable on price. We just know from our construction experience that our reports can be used more practically than a point of reference at the end of the project.

We also offer pre-purchase inspections with the same indepth detail we provide to our condition reports. At a later date, we aim to offer construction project programming services.

Feel free to find out more about us at http://www.constructaware.com.au

Any suggestions/feedback or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to being a regular member of the community.

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712
    Up

Sounds great. I hope it goes well for you.

MDS_2000
    Up

Appreciate your support Rowan@quaotic

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi and welcome to Flying Solo.

Have you launched your business during Covid-19? If so, tough gig there.

I hope you don’t mind but I checked your website and would like to offer some small scale feedback..

I feel it could use a little more attention to what the customer gets eg, A low cost way of avoiding potentially huge expenses in future?

The point I would make is to do any copy editing from the customer’s point of view exclusively – your copy isn’t there yet.

Of course most business copy isn’t either and your copy is certainly professional :-)

Good luck.

MDS_2000
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 269891, member: 78928 wrote:
    Hi and welcome to Flying Solo.

Have you launched your business during Covid-19? If so, tough gig there.

I hope you don’t mind but I checked your website and would like to offer some small scale feedback..

I feel it could use a little more attention to what the customer gets eg, A low cost way of avoiding potentially huge expenses in future?

The point I would make is to do any copy editing from the customer’s point of view exclusively – your copy isn’t there yet.

Of course most business copy isn’t either and your copy is certainly professional :)

Good luck.

That’s valuable advice Paul, appreciated. I am underway reviewing the copy. Have notice a few copywriters among this community I will look at reaching out to for assistance.

Not an ideal time to start but I looked at it as a great opportunity to get established, iron out the kinks and make sure I have a refined offering once the major work gets moving again.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

You are a brave person indeed to be opening now.

Then again, that’s what they said about Uber and AirBnB that opened during the GFC.

A couple more potential USP’s I see for you.

Transparent and affordable prices,

We use high end cameras because you need details. And details provide you with certainty.

Expert advice, Before and After your build to equip you with the level of detail you need.

You are right, we have several good Copywriters on Flying Solo and they can make a huge difference to your presentation.

Cheers

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Sorry I have to disagree with [USER=78928]@Paul – FS Concierge[/USER] on this one, this is the best time to be starting, the industry you are in is still fully functional, so your services are still needed.

Plus if any with similar services have gone out of business for some unknown reason, you are ready to pick up the slack. Those who start now are in the best position in my opinion.

A bit like a few cleaners I know who have lost clients, when those clients come back on line, there is no guarantee they will go back to the old cleaning business, if they had doubts or concerns now is the time they will be shopping around for a new upstart who is ready to provide fresh service instead of the same old, same old.

Start now, start positive, start fresh.

Corey
    • Total posts: 568
    Up

g’day and welcome Michael.

Cheers
    Corey

MDS_2000
    Up

Thanks Corey.

Struck a few unstaffed offices during my cold calling but all in all it feels like business as usual in the industry.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.