Home – New Forums Find the help you need A new web-host service

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BB
    • Total posts: 215
    Up
    ::

On Friday evening – my website crashed and, despite numerous emails and pleas to the Host servers, it stayed offline all weekend. I was tearing my hair out and from pure frustration started to ‘tweet’ about my disillusionment with Hostess / netregistry through ‘twitter’.

Some of the members of this forum saw my despair and began to re-tweet the messages. Before long – I was being ‘followed’ by a variety of web-hosts as well as the CEO of netregistry.

This morning – with the able assistance of our very own “Heidi Price” and some busy tweeting, I got some response from netregistry. Can you believe they had to instruct me via twitter!!! at 140 characters per time!!! What a joke!!!

Heidi was able to decipher their instructions for me, and then – she phoned me to tell me my site was back online. I was blown away!!!!!

Heidi and Pat have a new web hosting service http://www.heipat.net and even though I’m not a client – she went out of her way to help me get back online. And they’re not even my website hosts!!!

If that’s the level of service for a non-customer, imagine how good it would be for their own clients!

At the same time – if it hadn’t been for FS, I would never have met Heidi … so… thank you FS and thank you Heidi Price!! You’re wonderful!!!

ever grateful,

B.B.

allcreative
    • Total posts: 54
    Up

It’s nice to hear good stories about people for a change – it’s not often people sing praise for others.

Nice work Heidi :)

Cheers,
    Joel

Heidi Price
    • Total posts: 218
    Up

Thank you for the lovely words B.B. – and as I have told you, there are no thanks necessary. Our thanks were seeing your site back online!

Y’know, what astounded me was the lack of communication from Hostess/Netregistry. It does not take much time or effort to let someone know you have received a support ticket and are looking into the problem, and then keep them up to date as it is fixed!

*shakes head in disbelief*

I will never understand why some companies lose sight of the fact that their business exists FOR their customers…….

Heidi

mexham
    • Total posts: 302
    Up

I will never understand why some companies lose sight of the fact that their business exists FOR their customers…….

It seems to me often this is the case of larger companies. Do they have too many clients to deal with hence the slow action? Or are they just being lazy?

As small business owners and owner operators we often have more incentive and determination to make things count I guess.

Good on you Heidi for helping them out.

Amazing the spread of twitter also in how this went down. You can never underestimate how far and wide your bad service can spread. Very dangerous these days when things go viral.

FionaFell
    • Total posts: 342
    Up

Well done.

BB and Heidi are both to congratulated for your patience firstly and secondly for your twittering skills.

Never hurt to take down an organisation 140 characters at a time.

Glad to see your site back online too.

JohnSheppard
    • Total posts: 940
    Up

My meagre experience with Netregistry (my domain was cancelled incorrectly) is that they are too big for their own boots.

It’s run like a machine and the web is too complicated for that. It’s like a big accounting joint, they will never be able to offer the same service as a little office.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.