Home – New Forums Selling online A Payment Gateway For Shopify

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    nugzta
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

I’m tinkering with Shopify online store at the moment. I live in Australia but wanting to sell in US. So ideally, I want USD as the currency in my shop. As far as I know, I put Shopify Payments by default and I realised that the prices are converted automatically to AUD at the checkout.I don’t want this because it could cause confusion to the customers.

So I’d like to know if there are alternatives (payment gateways) that allow me to charge USD to my customers. Also, if that’s possible, what are recommended Australian bank accounts that accept USD fund?

Thank You

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi And Welcome to the Forums. It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining Flying Solo and posting today!

Hopefully some helpful members will be along soon with some on-point advice.

Cheers

eWAY
    • Total posts: 524
    Up

Hi Nugzta,

Shopify Payments will allow you to process in USD, you’ll need to set the currencies up in Shopify. Keep in mind though, that charging multiple currencies in one “store” creates accounting and reporting nightmares, which is my many eCommerce platforms simply don’t support this feature – I believe Shopify is one of these.

You’ll note that you can enable different currencies for display, but at checkout the currency will always charge in your main store currency.

eWAY can also help you out with multicurrency accounts. The only bank in Australia that can setup a merchant account for currencies other than AUD is the NAB (National Australia Bank). You’ll still have the Shopify issue of always charging in the main currency though.

Being totally honest with you, you’re better off staying with Shopify Payments whilst you’re starting out as the NAB accounts will have minimum $ you’ll need to maintain in them for risk mitigation.

Choose the currency you expect to do the most revenue in and when you’ve grown enough look to spinoff country-specific sites with their native currency.

Good luck either way!

Maclean

Pin Payments
    • Total posts: 33
    Up

As far as selling stuff globally, we are the only payments solution for Australians that offers both of these options: 1) charge and settle in the same currency – without needing to be domiciled to the respective country for each currency you need to settle in 2) charge in a foreign currency, settle in AUD.

Happy to help answer any questions you might have.

jeanericblass
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

After configuring Shopify payments, your customers can make credit card payments at your store. You can activate Shopify Payments on the payment providers page in the Shopify settings. When you set up Shopify Payments, you will need the following information:

Your employer identification number (EIN)
    your bank information
    average price of your orders
    Average delivery time of your orders

check this guide: https://www.withintheflow.com/shopify-payment-gateways/

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712
    Up

I would keep with shopify payments. An email from them a week or two ago said that they are going to start automatic conversions to the buyers currency/country in shops, like Ebay do, I think. I am guessing that users will not have to do anything for this change in their shops.

MarketingAnt
    • Total posts: 20
    Up

hey mate, anyway you can just stick with paypal?

On my men’s grooming store i sell globally, and paypal adjusts the prices depending on region (however, I did have some tinker with the code for this change).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.