Home – New Forums Marketing mastery A question about social media

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sid@AbbyPractice
    • Total posts: 38
    Up
    ::

Afternoon all,

We’re running a social media workshop early next month and I’d like to get an idea of how much time each day you dedicate to using social media. Or maybe you only dedicate some time once a week? Either way, I’d like to know.

Here at Abby Practice, we try to keep an eye on our accounts each day, but rely on scheduling software for much of our activity.

Thanks,
    Sid

coreytopp
    • Total posts: 22
    Up

I spend an average of 4 hours a day but maybe more “in the trenches.” On forums, Facebook, Twitter etc just communicating and engaging with as many people as possible.

Trenches = Traction

Meat Lover
    • Total posts: 32
    Up
    Sid@AbbyPractice, post: 162116 wrote:
    Afternoon all,

We’re running a social media workshop early next month and I’d like to get an idea of how much time each day you dedicate to using social media. Or maybe you only dedicate some time once a week? Either way, I’d like to know.

Here at Abby Practice, we try to keep an eye on our accounts each day, but rely on scheduling software for much of our activity.

Thanks,
    Sid

You’re an accounting practice that’s running a social media workshop?

Scheduling software like hootsuite etc are not ideal especially for things like Facebook, but I presume you already know that?

Sid@AbbyPractice
    • Total posts: 38
    Up
    Meat Lover, post: 162378 wrote:
    You’re an accounting practice that’s running a social media workshop?

Scheduling software like hootsuite etc are not ideal especially for things like Facebook, but I presume you already know that?

We often run workshops on non-accounting topics – we like to offer our clients help on a myriad of subjects!

We use Hootsuite for Twitter and use Facebook’s own scheduling system – it allows us to ensure we’re active each day and we then log on as often as possible to monitor activity and engage with our community based on what’s happening that day.

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

Hi Sid,
    It seems to me that before we can answer your question, we need to know your definition of “social media”.

Are you just talking about the big platform brands like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Google+, etc.?

Is it broader to include all forums, blogs and any other user generated content site?

Would our answers be more useful if we assessed our time allocated across various social media categories? What categories would be most relevant to you needs?
    Regs,
    JohnW

thewebtrafficexperiment
    • Total posts: 14
    Up
    JohnW, post: 162870 wrote:
    Hi Sid,
    It seems to me that before we can answer your question, we need to know your definition of “social media”.

Are you just talking about the big platform brands like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Google+, etc.?

Is it broader to include all forums, blogs and any other user generated content site?

Would our answers be more useful if we assessed our time allocated across various social media categories? What categories would be most relevant to you needs?
    Regs,
    JohnW

Hi Sid,
    I agree with JohnW – it does depend on your definition of social media.

however (to use JohnW his descriptions)
    Big platforms like facebook etc- I’d use an hour a day
    Broader platforms like blogs etc- about a half hour – additional to above.

Thinking about it I also find that I am more active later in the week. This could be due to being less focussed later in the week, and wasting my time looking at social media.

Lee

John Templeton
    • Total posts: 65
    Up

The “big 3” (FB, Twitter and LinkedIn) we probably spend an hour and a half to 2 hours per day, and then there’s forums and other on-line networking on top of that.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.