Home – New Forums Marketing mastery A quick question about referrals

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lkay
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    ::

Hi all!

I’ve never done anything with referrals before. I’ve been driving a bit of traffic to my site lately.

I was wondering if there was a way I could setup some sort of CPC system. Forgive me, because I’m new to this and the terminology I’ll have to explain what I would like in crude detail.

So, what I was hoping to setup is a system where a customer gives me a website that they want traffic driven to – unique organic relevant traffic (no black hat stuff). But I wanted to be able to track each visit through my own gateway and calculate the monthly visitors and apply the fee to each.

For instance; Website A wants traffic. I take on Website A as a client. I, somehow, setup a gateway link that directs the audience to website A. I then check out a table that updates frequently and see how many visitors went through the gateway. I would then apply the fee to each visitor of $0.xyz

If there was anyone in here that could shed some light on this, then I would be extremely appreciative to hear what they have to say. Thank you for your time in advance :)

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    Lkay, post: 211096 wrote:
    Hi all!

I’ve never done anything with referrals before. I’ve been driving a bit of traffic to my site lately.

I was wondering if there was a way I could setup some sort of CPC system. Forgive me, because I’m new to this and the terminology I’ll have to explain what I would like in crude detail.

So, what I was hoping to setup is a system where a customer gives me a website that they want traffic driven to – unique organic relevant traffic (no black hat stuff). But I wanted to be able to track each visit through my own gateway and calculate the monthly visitors and apply the fee to each.

For instance; Website A wants traffic. I take on Website A as a client. I, somehow, setup a gateway link that directs the audience to website A. I then check out a table that updates frequently and see how many visitors went through the gateway. I would then apply the fee to each visitor of $0.xyz

If there was anyone in here that could shed some light on this, then I would be extremely appreciative to hear what they have to say. Thank you for your time in advance :)

Hi {insert name here}

Welcome to the forums. Although I have no direct answer for you, I am extremely curious if it is related to the web site in your signature?

Cheers and look forward to learning more about your journey and you.

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Lkay
    Up
    HarryLuke Logistics, post: 211100 wrote:
    Hi {insert name here}

Welcome to the forums. Although I have no direct answer for you, I am extremely curious if it is related to the web site in your signature?

Cheers and look forward to learning more about your journey and you.

Jason

Jason,

No this question isn’t in relation to my website – I merely had the idea because I was driving more traffic to my site and thought I might be able to utilize my method of driving the relevant traffic to someone else’s site, whatever that site may be.

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Lkay,

It sounds like you want to track the number of clicks on a specific link that you’ve set up for a business.

Can you clarify whether the links will be on a site that you own or not?

Dave

MichaelDigital
    • Total posts: 140
    Up

This is actually pretty easy to do – all you need is a php based application that generates a link – this can be ‘cloaked’ meaning it does not reveal anything about its origins, or destinations to the casual observer and cannot be reverse engineered – or not. Each link is tracked and records each ‘click’ as a numeral value, foolproof. This application sits on your own domain as a separate little system, so :
    http://yourdomain.com/linksystem

The application is one that I have used extensively for different reasons and varying uses – it is inexpensive, easy to set up and maintain.

I mention it not to make any money (it is pocket change) but it will do exactly what you want as you describe.

Lkay
    Up
    FS Forum Support, post: 211134 wrote:
    Hi Lkay,

It sounds like you want to track the number of clicks on a specific link that you’ve set up for a business.

Can you clarify whether the links will be on a site that you own or not?

Dave

I’m so sorry I didn’t get notified about the response.

Yes that’s pretty much it, really. The site will not be my own site it would be a customers site that wants promotion.

MichaelDigital
    • Total posts: 140
    Up
    Lkay, post: 211355 wrote:
    I’m so sorry I didn’t get notified about the response.

Yes that’s pretty much it, really. The site will not be my own site it would be a customers site that wants promotion.

I have precisely the solution you seek – if you would like me to send you some information let me know – that’s really all I can do-up to you .

Lkay
    Up
    MichaelDigital, post: 211362 wrote:
    I have precisely the solution you seek – if you would like me to send you some information let me know – that’s really all I can do-up to you .

Sure you can just PM it.

cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.