Home – New Forums Marketing mastery A Small Business Social Network?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bradc
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

The best way to grow your business is through referrals. 65% of the business you get comes through referrals.
    The problem is, most small business owners are working full time. That doesn’t leave much time to build a network with other small businesses around your area.

I want to build a social network for small businesses to connect with each other and help promote referrals, which means more business for you and the businesses around you.

Think of this site as a dating website for businesses.

When you sign up you create a profile detailing your business and the kinds of other businesses you might be interested in working with to build referrals that lead to sales.

Based on your postcode, business type and other businesses that you’re interested in, we provide business contacts you might be interested in connecting with.

Sounds similar to a lot of dating sites hey?
    People contacting people looking for the same thing.

This is where it’s up to you guys to make what you want of it.
    You could chat online using our mail system.
    You can meet in real life and just discuss how your business is going. Maybe bounce some new ideas around.

At the end of it all you can build a good connection with another local business that you have confidence in referring your existing customers to if the opportunity arises.

All of this is reflected back online as written referrals displayed on your business profile page. More positive referrals mean other businesses want to engage with you and you get even more business!

What do you guys think? Is this something you’d use? Something you’d pay for?
    What do you like? What do you think I should change?

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

This is not a totally new idea but has merit. I guess its not to much different from Flying Solo.

I think that a lot of business owners prefer working with someone face to face.

Networking meetings are still popular.

That being said, I am happy to be involved.

Daniel Mitchell
    • Total posts: 56
    Up

Hi there

I think it’s a great idea if run properly. There’s a lot of room for additional social networking and connections compared to a forum such as this – LinkedIn can help with a lot of that already but there’s also some limitations compared to what you’re suggesting. I’d be interested in being involved.

DorothyM
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

It seems to me that what you’re suggesting is what FlyingSolo already does.

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

Interested to learn more. Too many similar ideas have come and gone as Tony said.

Paying some-one for an opportunity to connect or receive a connection doesn’t have anywhere near the substance compared to a real traditional referral in the real world.

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

Isn’t this pretty much what linkedin does?

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up
    DorothyM, post: 192386 wrote:
    It seems to me that what you’re suggesting is what FlyingSolo already does.

Flying Solo, LinkedIn, G+, Twitter etc.

Plus Referral Key, if it’s still around.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.