Home – New Forums Marketing mastery A successful service that no-one understands

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Steve Britt
    • Total posts: 19
    Up
    ::

Hi Solo Citizens,

I am yet to really get involved in any forums and Flying Solo is the only online community that I have entered so here is my first open ended chat.

The issue “how to promote a performing service that no-one seems to understand”.

Over the past years I have used the traditional and appropriate glossy publications…with minimal response. I have highlighted the out performing returns of the service….people don’t believe it.
    I have promoted the ease of using the service….which is 10 minutes of monitoring per day.
    I have promoted the mobility benefits of managing control anywhere…have internet then you have access.

So the issue is to be able to reach out to people who desire a legitimate, efficient, mobile income stream. Which forum or media platform can be used to match my service to the appropriate long term relationship with a client.

My service is not a mainstream fit so the usual mechanisms have not helped. Any ideas out there would be welcomed to find the solution to finding clients that fit a profile and outlook to give it a go.

Im looking for ideas and any replies welcomed.

Steve

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Ah you may want to tell us what the service is so that wecan comment

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

One would expect if you can’t spell it out through a website or a brochure then you are down to selling it in person. You still need to get their attention to start with.

Gizmo
    • Total posts: 731
    Up

Hello Steve,

Would assuming your service revolves around SMSF be correct?
    If so I can see the issue.
    I have heard many accountants complain about the issue too.

Basically its;
    Everyone want there super to do better, but they don’t want to spend any time on making it do better.

I think you have a tough nut to crack based on what I have heard.

Steve Britt
    Up

The service I offer is a small boutique advisory service that should appeal to anyone who is seeking an alternative income stream and SMSF’s. We seek individuals that require help in working their own funds in an efficient and well regulated manner with their funds in their own accounts…not invested elsewhere.

The issue is that people don’t need to understand as we mentor the require action at every step. As a matter of fact, we are publishing the exact trading activity for our own SMSF at the exact same time and price….people hitch hike on our own trade.

Our 7yr history has a low 30%’s return year on year.

If I market & highlight the returns made …then people don’t believe it.

If I market & highlight the Risk Management or trading strategies…then people don’t understand it.

Yet there is this unknown service getting high quality results and it is very much underground in profile. How can I get traction ? I seek ideas from anyone.

Steve

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi Steve

You need to get back to basics – it seems to me that if you get in front of your ideal clients then they will understand.

From here you have to illustrate the benefits for choosing this as an option for there investment.

You have to start with your client first though, happy to discuss further if you like.

Gizmo
    • Total posts: 731
    Up

Hello Steve,

Wow you have 7 years of proof!
    I would have thought that’s plenty.

For the believing part…

I’m assuming you have testimonials and case studies?

MeetJodi
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

Well, your problem is perhaps trying to do too much at first. Breaking down the complexity is the key. Have you tried to have the conversation in reverse?

Tell people what the end result they would hope to achieve first. You could for example capture their attention with a with a simple line.

I have a solution for people who desire a legitimate, efficient, mobile income stream.

Once you have a curious client in a sales funnel, gradually expand on the story. Do it in steps perhaps an online presentation.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

The probm I see is the good old saying “if it sounds to good, it probably is”. If everyone could get those returns, why arent we all signing up for your system

Steve Britt
    Up

Well lets try and drill down further because I understand all these suggestions being posted.

Know your client profile…..check
    Break down complexity into simplistic message….check
    “Its sounds too good, it probably is”……check
    “I have a solution for people who desire a legitimate, efficient, mobile income stream.”…. this is a good suggestion but

I need to add that the base level to begin our service is recommended $50K. This closes the client profile window to become smaller and highlights the initial subject.

Can I ask, how do I reach or market a service to a client profile that has a healthy risk / reward profile that fits the service. This is the dilemma I have found, finding people with the appropriate qualifiers.

Personal referrals have been the most common for new clients or people who have Google their way to the Option1 website. I’m not looking for mass market but it would be nice to share a good news story and service to others that would suit.

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

If you can guarantee 25% + average return per year with no major risk, then this would be a great starting point to your marketing.

Steve Britt
    Up

Thanks Arrowise,

I did mention that when I have highlighted the returns, I have been met with underwhelming response and people do not believe it.

To place the word “guarantee” with the returns would be irresponsible, although this is the historic record of the service we still cannot guarantee future outcome.
    These type of returns do not come without risks that need to be taken however our track record of high quality risk management when things look volatile is part of the secret to the success.

There are layers to be peeled off but the service still has the principles of minimum time, easy to follow, manage anywhere in world (even on holidays). With constant access to your own funds this income stream should be appealing to the right types….but where and how can I find them.

Steve Britt
    Up

As I have mentioned previously, the difficultly in reaching the client demographic who would enjoy this type of service and success is evident. The feedback given suggest the need to keep things simple yet the demographic we seek is more complex and sophisticated.

I’m wondering if there are financial planners out there that are looking to add a “new string to their bow” in the form of a unique, boutique financial service that could be a good partner?

I would be happy to chat to any that feel a win / win outcome in combining together our services.

Steve

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hi Steve

Have jumped through this post a few times as the topic and query on finding clients interests me (both currently and is a past passion of mine) and have held back replying as there are more knowledgeable individuals on FS with more in depth FSRA understandings as well…

However, i must be missing something in your posts.. You have a great product by the sounds of it, taken out glossy mag adds to capture those with $$$ to spend or apportion and yet struggling to get your message out.. is this correct?

Whilst most replies suggest alternate ways of recruiting said clients and your last post offers a ‘partnering’ arrangement with accountants etc my biggest concern would be about YOU. This is probably going to be the biggest hurdle you will face.

EG: i am not sure of you background (are you a financial planner, accountant or just someone that understands SMSF’s) and if you are even qualified to offer this sort of advice? Although you may have 25% returns over a 7 year period, without a historical demonstration of who you are you will still only potentially capture a very small segment of this market as most people will go with institutions that offer 100’s of years of stability such as the Big 4 banks or similar.

Am not trying to be negative, although would certainly place the above in your SWOT analysis.. And if you are a financial services provider already you would potentially have all these clients at your disposal already or should have the network ready to activate such a proposal within this sector?

So, truly, i think it is difficult to answer with the little information we (or should i say I) have in this post… and maybe for others as well… We can offer solutions for pitches, what organisations or types of to approach and the likes although you may need to expose yourself a little more to us to get more detailed suggestions and how to combat some of the neg’s you may have been getting.. Or why the uptake is so slow.

Whilst concentrating on 25% return, be cautious – as others have suggested this can sometimes ring alarm bells with most as most of us as we have been taught to be extremely weary of unrealistic returns – and couple this with todays average deposit rates you are offering around x10 times a return on this… Also, figures can look appealing in many variations, depending on how you want it to be seen and by whom.. Especially considering that most of your positive returns are likely to have been derived from the first portion of your stats and the last few years not so much (would be interested in seeing Year on Year returns)…

SORRY, got distracted by customers so apologies if message went off track a little..

Please, no negativity intended.. just advising more info would be awesome if you want greater input – well from me and from a customers perspective as to why the uptake is slower than anticipated.

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Steve Britt
    Up

Thanks Jason,

A well stated message and not negative at all…it seeks a response.

I have kept our identity low key as I don’t want this to be seen as some type of cold call exercise. I seek long term relationships and these are built on good platforms of a successful service which means it must deliver. You are correct in saying that when we publish our 25% – 30% track record in Your Trading Edge (for instance) the response is poor as this mag is read by people who want to do it themselves. Our aim is to achieve a 2-3% per month return from 3 or 4 trades … definitely not seeking a home run each time we enter a trade.

The company is Option1 Pty Ltd…and we are holders of an Australian Financial Services Licence No 225 380 but we are not financial advisors, check our website. We are licenced to provide General Advice in Derivatives. The service is a full end to end process from your computer and we publish our subscriber the exact trading opportunity that I myself are entering into….I have skin in the game and therefore manage the risk with interest. My personal background is 20 years in Banking prior to wanting to work for myself.

Option1 maintains a competitive advantage over the big insto’s because we are small and nimble in getting all clients in and out of positions in one go. The big boys have trouble doing this and only the larger wholesale players reap the rewards with the big guys. In effect our service is putting retail size clients into the wholesale environment with strong Risk Management and cost saving account setups. Our main game is Spread Trading (natural hedge) on the US Commodity markets.

If you seek more info just let me know but we are serious about building our client base after some of our long term clients have reached their goals and bought tractors, houses etc. We have approx. 20 licences available to fill.

Now you know why this thread is titled this way.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.