Home – New Forums Marketing mastery A successful service that no-one understands

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Steve Britt
    • Total posts: 19
    Up
    ::
    bb1, post: 201451 wrote:
    The probm I see is the good old saying “if it sounds to good, it probably is”. If everyone could get those returns, why arent we all signing up for your system

Yes that’s exactly right to think but it also is one of the barriers that our service has to try and overcome.
    One of our biggest selling points is the returns but it battles against age old wisdom.
    This continues to highlight the title of this thread and difficulty in being able to breakthrough.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

What is your website?

If your product is as good as you say then you should have no problems finding takers.

Maybe the problem is that you are not a gifted sales person? If that is the case then hiring a sales person would be the logical step.

Cheers,

Matt

MaraRoberts
    • Total posts: 39
    Up

HI Steve,

You may want to try webinars as a sales tool.

Get qualified leads by offering a free resource that is closely linked to your offering and then hold a webinar that provides good useful information but also educated customers why they need your product and filter your exact target audience with qualifying questions at the end.

Let me know if you would like to see my example of this.

Best of luck.

Steve Britt
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 201737 wrote:
    What is your website?

If your product is as good as you say then you should have no problems finding takers.

Maybe the problem is that you are not a gifted sales person? If that is the case then hiring a sales person would be the logical step.

Cheers,

Matt

Thanks Matt,

The website is http://www.option1.com.au and we stand by our historic record which is consistent over our period of 7 years. Maybe a good salesman is an idea however the issue is to source the client demographic which is the teaser and the best source would probably be financial planners and accountants who have the background knowledge of the risk appetite of prospective clients.

Accountants are required to have a financial planner qualification to refer their clients and financial planners seem to have a closed door to offering a product outside of their authorised allotment.

This is not a mainstream service and we seek long term relationships to benefit from our strategic methodology. Could a walk up salesman break through?

Steve

Steve Britt
    Up
    MaraRoberts, post: 201738 wrote:
    HI Steve,

You may want to try webinars as a sales tool.

Get qualified leads by offering a free resource that is closely linked to your offering and then hold a webinar that provides good useful information but also educated customers why they need your product and filter your exact target audience with qualifying questions at the end.

Let me know if you would like to see my example of this.

Best of luck.

Hi Mara,

Hmmm this could be something that we have not offered previously. The Option1 service does offer a free 5 day trial for anyone interested to see if they can follow the simple end to end process we have but we need people to try it. Yes why not check your offer of a webinar example.

Steve

MatthewKeath
    Up
    Steve Britt, post: 201752 wrote:
    Thanks Matt,

The website is http://www.option1.com.au and we stand by our historic record which is consistent over our period of 7 years. Maybe a good salesman is an idea however the issue is to source the client demographic which is the teaser and the best source would probably be financial planners and accountants who have the background knowledge of the risk appetite of prospective clients.

Accountants are required to have a financial planner qualification to refer their clients and financial planners seem to have a closed door to offering a product outside of their authorised allotment.

This is not a mainstream service and we seek long term relationships to benefit from our strategic methodology. Could a walk up salesman break through?

SteveA salesperson can target whomever you think should be targeted.

Looking at the website, I have no idea what is happening. But then I am not your target market? You say you are having trouble explaining your product, but then say you want to partner with accountants and financial planners. But then in your next breath say FP’ers are not interested in offering products outside their authorised allotment.

All these says to me that your are confused about the who and what of your products.

WHO are my target audience.

WHAT info do I need to give them in order to want to buy.

Your website seems be targeting both finance / trading professionals, and the general public, which means the message is confusing.

Your results are very impressive!

I recommend you speak to someone who is not close you or your product to figure out what are selling and who is your market. Then figure out how to get your message right (copy / materials / webinars / website) and how to target your chosen audience (marketing and sales)

Good luck!

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up
    Gizmo, post: 201434 wrote:
    Hello Steve,

Would assuming your service revolves around SMSF be correct?

Steve Britt, post: 201439 wrote:
    The service I offer is a small boutique advisory service that should appeal to anyone who is seeking an alternative income stream and SMSF’s. We seek individuals that require help in working their own funds in an efficient and well regulated manner with their funds in their own accounts…not invested elsewhere.

Hi Steve,

I have a diploma in finance and was once an authorised representative for CFS certified to give advise on SMSF, it was hard for me to clearly understand what you do based on your description.

You need to describe what you do in a way that others who dont know what you do will understand.

Steve

Steve Britt
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 201759 wrote:
    A salesperson can target whomever you think should be targeted.

Looking at the website, I have no idea what is happening. But then I am not your target market? You say you are having trouble explaining your product, but then say you want to partner with accountants and financial planners. But then in your next breath say FP’ers are not interested in offering products outside their authorised allotment.

All these says to me that your are confused about the who and what of your products.

WHO are my target audience.

WHAT info do I need to give them in order to want to buy.

Your website seems be targeting both finance / trading professionals, and the general public, which means the message is confusing.

Your results are very impressive!

I recommend you speak to someone who is not close you or your product to figure out what are selling and who is your market. Then figure out how to get your message right (copy / materials / webinars / website) and how to target your chosen audience (marketing and sales)

Good luck!

Thanks Matt,
    I’m glad you checked the website and as you can see we offer a very unique service. We don’t have trouble explaining it, the challenge is to make it simple for the uninitiated.
    We also know who our target is, it could be any everyday person but they must have an appetite for taking on some risk reward…..you don’t get these results without being able to take on the risk equation that gives the rewards. We are very good at this, Managing the Risk, but it is only spelt our with Jargon that most don’t understand. For instance our strategic method is to achieve 2-3% per month from the 3 or 4 trading opportunities we provide.

We actually publish our own trade for our SMSF and others can ride the same trade on the same day with the same pricing and reward. It could also be seen as a mentor type approach and our clients follow.

Yes 25-30% pa is high quality and when compared with lets say a property developer that achieves the same type of result. One can then ask…how many hours and physical demand did it take the developer…50 hours per week? We can do it for 10 minutes per day.
    We sell the work smarter not harder concept by using your cash held in your trading bank in your name so you don’t give your money to anyone except in your own account.

Steve

Steve Britt
    Up
    Divert To Mobile, post: 201768 wrote:
    Hi Steve,

I have a diploma in finance and was once an authorised representative for CFS certified to give advise on SMSF, it was hard for me to clearly understand what you do based on your description.

You need to describe what you do in a way that others who dont know what you do will understand.

Steve

Thanks Steve,

It the highest level I would call the service an Advisory Service. We offer a legitimate environment to operate a cash account in manner that we get your funds working to achieve a return of 2-3% per month or 25-30% pa.
    Our clients just follow the prompts after we send them a SMS to their phone telling them there is a new trade or closing a trade. The client logs onto the website and with a few clicks of the mouse they action accordingly after reading the information. The client has the responsibility to be the final gatekeeper to enter the trade or not.
    Option1 provides all info needed to make a simple decision of how many contract they will trade.
    We have clients who are Mums, Dads, Retirees, SMSF trustees and is used by anyone who desires this type if income generating.

We just seek to build another 30 clients and then we are full.

Steve

Steve Britt
    Up

I am still working to find an approach to effectively reach out to interested people of my advisory service.
    I am wondering about the effectiveness of offering my product/service without the usual licence fee. This means giving the product away for free!!

Will people place any value on the service then if they have not paid for it? Is this a practical way to establish long term relationships for a service?

My issue is that when something has not actually required an investment, then the end user may not give the service the respect or attention it requires.
    This is especially needed when a service like Option1 builds its results over a minimum of 6 – 12 months and is not a one hit wonder for the impatient.

We do offer free seminars to gain an understanding for interested types but will free licences work?

Any thoughts out there?

Steve

Gizmo
    • Total posts: 731
    Up

Hello,

From experience it will work in helping to get people.

However as you said they may not invest the effort required.

The unknown is what proportion of them will be good clients and what will be time wasters.

I suggest you try it as a promotion.
    See what rations you get.
    Then decide how to proceed.

iaindooley
    • Total posts: 74
    Up

Hey Steve, I think you have to build an audience. You have to bite the bullet and become really good at content marketing. Get an email list happening.

Find out what people who are in your target market are concerned about, write about it, promote it, rank in Google for it, get on social media.

The actual tactics for doing good content marketing are many and varied, but I’d say in terms of strategies it’s a winner for you.

The reason people don’t understand is because they’re not putting in the effort to understand. The reason they’re not putting that effort in is because they don’t trust you.

The reason they’re not buying from you even if they do understand is that they don’t trust you.

The way you gain trust is through Authority. The way you build authority is through publishing.

Steve Britt
    Up

Yes a good call on getting a email list and I have commenced that. I assume it would be best to initially target the types who may have an appetite for higher returns.

Option1 is very good at managing risk and this is the essence of the service…managing risk whilst making an income that is accessible on demand.

We offer free seminars for people to attend in both Melbourne and Sydney

Maybe we can support this with free licences.

Steve

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Steve,

Just a quick note to let you know that your post has been edited to remove the link to your free seminars as including it in your post was outside the forum guidelines.

You’re welcome to include it in your forum signature though – just visit the Control panel (the link is in the grey bar above the forum), and choose Edit signature.

Thanks in advance for your understanding,
    Jayne

MatthewKeath
    Up
    Steve Britt, post: 204415 wrote:
    Yes a good call on getting a email list and I have commenced that. I assume it would be best to initially target the types who may have an appetite for higher returns.As long as they understand what it is you do.

Which comes back to targeting…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.