Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events A Sydney meetup like no other

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    JP_Mate
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi entrepreneurs/small business owners/freelancers/you-tubers,

Working from home is great but the one thing I miss about working in an office is the social aspect. Going out for a coffee for half an hour and just having a chat and getting to know the other person.

Our lives, flying-solo, are so full on with our businesses that we forget about stop and have and chat about something other than business. Friends and family are great to talk with but they are generally in a 9-5 job, they don’t really have the same mindset, they probably don’t really understand the successes/problems you are going through, and as you and as harsh as it sounds – they’re not new and interesting.

But the thing is when I look for entrepreneur meetups they are all very tech-based and they’re all about how to get funding, or networking, and someone is always trying to sell you something. Which takes the fun out of “meeting up”.

With all that said – Would anyone be interested in meeting up with other entrepreneurs, small business owners, etc… basically anyone who runs their own business for a coffee to simply have a chat? Say once a fortnight/month?

No agenda other than getting out of the house/office and meeting up with new people with a similar mindset and lifestyle.

If you are, let me know by replying below and where you are located. I’m in Sydney so I’d love to meet up with other Sydney-siders, but if you’re from interstate it would be great to hear from you as well. And maybe if there are enough people are interested from your city you can organise a meet up for your area?

Look forward to hearing from you.

JP_Mate

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi And Welcome to the Forums JP_Mate. It is great to have you!

I think it is a wonderful idea you have and I hope that lots of people jump aboard.

Cheers

JP_Mate
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 236399, member: 78928 wrote:
    Hi And Welcome to the Forums JP_Mate. It is great to have you!

I think it is a wonderful idea you have and I hope that lots of people jump aboard.

Cheers

Thanks Paul – even if we can get half a dozen people interested that would be a great start.

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Hi JP_Mate

Welcome indeed. You may like to consider getting something set up on Meetup.com too. We see a lot of activity there and if you mention ‘flying solo’ in your topics (this will make sense if you register to get started) you’ll appear on ‘our’ page: http://www.meetup.com/topics/flying-solo/

Best of luck getting this group started.

Robert

abedekar
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hi JP_Mate,

Thats a great idea, totally interested in catching up with like minded people.

Thanks,
    Aish

Easysmb
    • Total posts: 84
    Up

Hi JP_Mate
    Great idea, I am interested in a meetup. I am around Hornsby NSW. Cheers.

Sav
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Hi JP_Mate,
    I too would be interested in a meetup,

cheers

BarretCoe
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Hello JP_Mate,

I’m a bit late to the party – are these still happening?

Himal07
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

When’s the meet up ? Sounds like a good idea.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.