Home – New Forums Tech talk A4 photocopier with the lowest total running cost? under 10k

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    thescientist
    • Total posts: 14
    Up
    ::

I’m looking for an office printer that has the lowest total running cost per page (so factor in toner, drums, maintenance kits etc)

A4 size, but could be capable of A3 as well, not fussed.

Not looking for a contract as I do believe self ownership is cheaper in the long run.

What models should I be looking at? thanks

uwannawat
    • Total posts: 26
    Up

Check out the Kyocera FS-C8020/25 – up to A3 can also add fax
    C8025 = 25 ppm A4 or 12ppm A3

Approx Per page costs – assuming 5% coverage per colour
    Mono = $0.008c per A4 page
    Colour = $0.062c per A4page

Drum has a 200K page life
    Comes with a 3 Year on-site warranty (up to 180k pages)

Cheers
    Grahm

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

I’m pretty sure Kyocera are the cheapest to run.

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

I’d strongly recommend purchasing a printer outright (perhaps even second hand) and then getting the machine under a click charge for toner and service only. That way you are not locked in, but have certainty on your cost per copy.

$10k will go a long way. I would be more inclined to stick with a stronger brand like Konica Minolta, Ricoh (look for Lanier which is rebadged and cheaper) and Canon or Fuji Xerox.

Not sure where you are based, but feel free to PM me and I can give you some contacts.

thescientist
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

We’re in Parramatta, Sydney

Of course I would be happy to spend less than $10k

Would the contract per page cost vary depending on whether I buy new or 2nd hand? and approx by how much?

If you’ve got some recommendations, I would also love to see them

Basically we print in duplex all the time – does that mean on a one click contract, if our cost per print is 1c black and white, then our per surface cpp is half of that?

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

I have a Konica Minolta C350 (older model), I think the C352 is the current one. This does duplexing and is colour. The unit would come in at under $10k new (with some haggling) The cost per click will be cheaper on a new unit. I think it would be about 1c B&W and 10c colour, compared to 2c B&W and 12c colour for used (these are just rough estimates)

Duplex is classed as 2 prints.

At least this way you don’t have to try and work out budgeting for a fuser or drum etc., it is all looked after for you. Hope this helps

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

I used to think purchase was the better idea, but no longer. I have had experience of both and I prefer the whole scenario. You should be able to choose your length of time. The printer must be returned at the end of the rental agreement, but you can then continue the pay/click agreement or upgrade to a new one. The company then will recycle the old printer. Obviously A4 is cheaper than A3.

I tried getting rid of all my large A3 commercial lasers – too hard. Fuji Xerox took away my old, very heavy machine, and sent it for recycling and replaced it with the new one. I have a commercial over A3 size laser with extra trays, extra ram and hard drive etc. These are all options with most companies. I pay monthly for the machine and prints, but all the toners and maintenance are included. That is so much of a relief.

I previously had a similar machine with FX, then changed to another company for another 5 years purchasing outright instead. But it was a bad mistake.
    The old laser kept needing parts replaced after 4 years and the toners were so expensive I could have purchased a new $10K printer in one year alone.

So, you should check out the monthly budget and work out the time period and what you want to do at the end of the term. I opt now for 3 years instead of 4 because technology changes so much.

Cheers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.