• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Nikohl
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

hey all, i have recently thought of a great idea for a business but dont know what to do now.. its a service not a product..
    im so impatient and just want to hurry up and get going lol but i know it doesnt work that way, have been googling ‘how to’ websites all night, hopefully this is the one :)
    can someone give me some advice please
    thanks heaps

ray_223
    • Total posts: 594
    Up

You might like to add some info like “what service are you going to provide?”.

Or if you don’t want to “give your idea away” … what problems are you trying to solve?

It’s a bit difficult to give advice if we don’t have any idea what you are trying to do.

Nikohl
    Up

fair enough, its a service to help people make friends sort of a dating service i spose, there is a difference though but ill keep that to myself.. i just dont know what to do now, the idea is down on paper but i wouldnt have a clue what to do next.. i know im being very vague but i really have no idea what 2 say.
    im having problems with everything lol.. if you cant help or cant be bothered thats cool

The Cafe Ninja
    • Total posts: 124
    Up

Start. That’s it. Just start. Improve along the way, but just get started, get into doing it. Anything is better than nothing. Don’t wait or you’ll be too late…

MissieK
    • Total posts: 234
    Up

I agree with Process Ninja – start! You will be able to refine your idea as you go, and see what works and what doesn’t work.

Melissa

ray_223
    • Total posts: 594
    Up

So I assume you want to create a new social website like a dating / facebook type thing???

I’ll also assume you don’t have much experience developing websites?

Your options:

* Learn how to build websites yourself.

* Pay someone to build it for you.

* Find someone who will partner with you to build the website (note: developers get offers all the time from people who think they have the next killer idea – without knowing you or your idea maybe 1 in 10,000 become successful and most web developers know this)

Being a little bit technical the Drupal CMS (http://drupal.org) has alot of social features built in (or easily available as module downloads). It might be a good place to start if you decide to develop yourself.

Nikohl
    Up

ok thanks ladies i will! :)

Nikohl
    Up

oh sorry ray i missed you..
    no i dont want it to be solely an internet thing, it would be something people would hopefully come to.. ill rewrite everything today and take a look at it again and hopefully get started soon, i procrastinate a fair bit so i have to knuckle down and just do it

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Its good you procrastinate this means you havent got it sorted in your head so put it into a business plan. Put you thoughts on paper then put the pages into order then re look and resort until your happy with what is There. Than START.

One step at a time dont rush and dont expect too much too soon but making some adjustments as you progress, and before you know it you have a business.

Nikohl
    Up

thank you for your advice, i really want this and love my idea so tonight ill start a business plan and see how it goes, wish me luck :)

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

We all wish you luck without saying as we as soloists have all been there and done that. And all I can say is GO FOR IT

Publishing428
    • Total posts: 26
    Up

Hi,

It is great that you are so excited!

Use this energy to get the ball rolling.

Good luck and keep is posted on your progress.

Regards

Jayde

BrightSpark
    • Total posts: 131
    Up

Once you have done the basic business plan you might want to see a lawyer to set up a company and for trademarking of names etc. also an accountant can assist with a more detailed business plan if it is required. Get started and keep your eyes on the goal not the rubbish that gets in the way along the way.

Maxpower
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    Nikohl, post: 2848 wrote:
    fair enough, its a service to help people make friends sort of a dating service i spose, there is a difference though but ill keep that to myself.. i just dont know what to do now, the idea is down on paper but i wouldnt have a clue what to do next.. i know im being very vague but i really have no idea what 2 say.
    im having problems with everything lol.. if you cant help or cant be bothered thats cool

Hello Nikohl,

My name is Julian, some others know me as Maxpower in other forums.

I notice this thread is a bit old now but perhaps my contributions can help you mate. (Assume you are a guy,) anyway, I have just started a dating website and boy I can tell you all about the work involved, and the successes. I launched last month (August) after about the past 4 months of designing, coding, tweaking and everything I have finally crafted the website and yesterday reached the 100 member milestone.

So if there’s any information you want to know, like how to build the website or which software to use or how to advertise or whatever, I have some ideas to help you.

Anyway just reply if you’re interested. Thanks

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.