Home – New Forums Starting your journey ABN and Domain Transfer?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Pesty
    • Total posts: 50
    Up
    ::

Hi all,
    Just a question regarding the need to have an ABN to secure a .com.au Domain. I’ve been waiting for over 2 weeks for the ATO to reactivate my ABN. My new Business is an online store, therefore I can’t buy my Domain address without the ABN and this is holding everything up! As my Business is based around securing the website (I’ve already got the .com address) can I just use the ABN for our joint Business to get my website secured? How easy is it to transfer ABNs once I have my Sole Trader one? Would this be a good move or more of a hassle to do? Your thoughts would be appreciated!

Regards,

Nicki

FletcherTax
    • Total posts: 347
    Up

Nicki

Sorry to hear it still hasn’t come through.

Reactivating an ABN takes upto 8 weeks unfortunately. A new ABN altogether is quicker (immediate or within 2/3 weeks usually). Unfortunately, ATO systems were being upgraded for most of January so they have a huge back log of work. Hopefully it won’t be too much longer!

As for changing ABN’s later – I think it may not be a huge hassle depending on the host. But admin fee may be involved (which may vary between hosts) as well as paperwork with signatures of outgoing and ingoing owners will be required. Better to check with your host before doing this.

Janna

Pesty
    Up

Thanks Janna! No still haven’t heard a peep out of the ATO. I checked with the Domain provider, it’s pretty straightforward to transfer it over, so I have both .com and .com.au Domains which both point to the .au one! So excited and now designing my new logo for said site. ‘Flutterby Style’ babies and kids store will soon be opening!

Yay!

Regards,
    Nicki

Dardee
    • Total posts: 430
    Up

Have you checked the register to make sure it hasn’t been reactivated already, and you just haven’t been notified yet? A client of mine has his ABN (on the register it shows up) but he still hasn’t been notified officially by the ATO. It showed up a week ago.

Pesty
    Up

Thanks Dardee. Yes I’ve been checking (or rather haunting!) the Register daily as they had told me that it may show up there first before I officially get notified. It only takes a few seconds to shoot off an email to let someone know but I guess the Register is probably a good surprise to find when it shows! It’ll be Christmas again lol.

Regards,

Nicki

VideoTraining
    • Total posts: 101
    Up

Hi Nicki,

Will you have the same number?

If so, I would try using that number anyway when you register the domain name – it just might work!

Kind regards,

Tony Morris
    http://www.DVDcoach.com
    Online Computer Training Made Easy

Pesty
    Up

All registered and good to go plus ABN is through too! Only because I rang them though, but oh well.

Nicki

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.