Home – New Forums Starting your journey Accepting payment on the road

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JohnPhillips
    • Total posts: 35
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

I’m in the process of setting up a business which involves installing equipment in peoples homes. Initially it will be me conducting the fieldwork, but pretty quickly other people will be doing this.

I plan to accept payment by cheque or credit card, and I’m looking for a simple method to process credit card payments. I’d prefer not to use mobile payment solutions as they add cost and complexity. My thinking at the moment is the installers carry a duplicate invoice book (carbonless paper) which has a space at the bottom for the customer to write their credit card details. The customer gets the top copy (which is their receipt) and the installer sends the other copy to us to process the payment along with any cheques they have collected. My concern with this solution is the installer ends up carrying around a lot of credit card numbers which doesn’t seem ideal.

What are other people doing in this situation?

Thanks,

John Phillips

AnaLucia
    • Total posts: 112
    Up

Hi John,
    That method works fine, I use it from time to time (when there is no wireless signal in my terminal)… however… you won’t be able to accept debit cards and the mos important: what if the credit card is rejected by the bank?
    Fees on the wirless merchant are not too bad, better get one if you can :)

HamishBorthen
    • Total posts: 51
    Up

I bought some curtains recently and the sales bloke rang through my credit card details to his office. Obviously having a mobile solution is great but also expensive.. however I did prefer the ring through option vs him having a copy of my credit card details floating around in his invoice book. Which would then be sitting in a car and visiting various homes etc through out Perth… Sure the banks prefer that option too.. nothing written down.

Of course may not work if you don’t always have someone in the office…

JohnPhillips
    • Total posts: 35
    Up

As I am operating in a regional area, mobile coverage is far from guaranteed. I’m waiting on the bank to call back, but I’ll let you know what I end up doing.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.