Home – New Forums Selling online Accessing customer’s account on behalf of

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    farego
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi

I have developed a website that people can join for a fee and which will log into a third party website on behalf of that user to check their account for them. However, in the third party terms and conditions, they specifically forbid their users from allowing an automated service to sign in on their behalf.

The question I have is, am I breaking any laws by providing this service to customers? Am I breaking any general law about accessing a computer system requiring a log in? Could I be prosecuted or sued for provided such a service?

Thank you in advance.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

It sounds like your customers will be breaching the TOS of that site.

I doubt what your doing is illegal, a regular email client in essence works the same way.

Steve

Richard Brock
    • Total posts: 8
    Up
    farego, post: 156331 wrote:
    Hi

I have developed a website that people can join for a fee and which will log into a third party website on behalf of that user to check their account for them. However, in the third party terms and conditions, they specifically forbid their users from allowing an automated service to sign in on their behalf.

The question I have is, am I breaking any laws by providing this service to customers? Am I breaking any general law about accessing a computer system requiring a log in? Could I be prosecuted or sued for provided such a service?

Thank you in advance.

I would also agree with Divert to Mobile that the customer will be breaking their TOS but do not think i is illegal.

I also think the logic behind the idea is great but can not see many people paying for the service.

Good luck.

Richard

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.